• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My Glock 42 will be here tomorrow. I'll be needing an appendix carry IWB holster for it. Any of the local Kydex artists using thin Kydex? I may order another FIST ultra thin model if I have to but I'd prefer to keep my money local of I can.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks for the recommendation Cedartop. I've contacted him and will be making a trip down to see his work in the not too distant future.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    G42 came in and I'm pleased with it so far. First 12 rounds at 10yds
    G42Group_zps1a5fe895.jpg

I'll have 250 rounds through it by the end of the day. The only issue is that it's so small I have a difficult time not pressing the slide stop down when I shoot which prevents it from locking back when the mag is empty. Gonna have to work on that.
    G42_zpsb601785c.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    200 FMJ and 50 Hyrda Shocks, all flawless. Went 4/5 at 85 yards in a steel silhouette with the last mag. Plenty accurate, light, compact and reliable. What's not to like?

G422_zpsb132ab21.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm not a fan of the .380 by any stretch of the imagination but this pistol has eliminated any excuse I've ever had for walking out the door unarmed. It'll become my wife's if and when they release a 9mm version.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Coincidentally, a 42 fell into my sweaty little cookie grabbers in the last 24 hours, too. I was just shooting it out in the backyard just now. It does shoot very well, though it kind of gets lost in my hands. Interesting little gun.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I should mention that I ended up making a minor mod to the trigger. I haven't had to do it to a Glock in years but the trigger safety on the older guns didn't depress fully and lay flush with the face of the trigger. The 42 trigger was the same so I took the trigger bar out, depressed the trigger safety fully and filed the excess off so it sits flush when the trigger is pressed. That'll eliminate the little bit of irritation I had after shooting 250 rounds through it.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I should mention that I ended up making a minor mod to the trigger. I haven't had to do it to a Glock in years but the trigger safety on the older guns didn't depress fully and lay flush with the face of the trigger. The 42 trigger was the same so I took the trigger bar out, depressed the trigger safety fully and filed the excess off so it sits flush when the trigger is pressed. That'll eliminate the little bit of irritation I had after shooting 250 rounds through it.

I know that irritation. Would you be able to take some pics of the modifications you just mentioned? I am eager to try this on mine.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Did you ever get a holster? My 42 sits nicely in my OWB Raven Mini-Phantom and pretty much disappears no matter what I'm wearing. I've had mine for about 2 months and I cannot say enough good things about that gun..changed my mind on smaller pistols; I haven't had as much fun at the range in a long time...the only negative I can say about it is that the G42 runs out of ammo far too quickly! that and I've actually had to say the words: "I'm probably going to have to buy some .380 brass here shortly." LOLOL

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Can't get any pics at the moment. Just press the trigger safety down as far as it will go and remove any material that is still sitting above the trigger face. If you keep the trigger safety pressed as far as it will go it is impossible to remove too much material.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Appendix carry is my preferred method for CC and small handguns. I have a difficult time keeping anything else from printing.

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    Appendix carry is my preferred method for CC and small handguns. I have a difficult time keeping anything else from printing.

I know how that is. Thru the fall and winter I can conceal these small frame owb kydex under my hoodie or fleece very easily. The best part is it doesn't dig into you when seated. I'm going to try a iwb taco style for this 42 really soon. I have some scraps that should be big enough.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Every new Glock I've examined seems to have that issue and I've made the same mod on every one I own and most of the ones I work on if requested.. If you are just shooting a few rounds it's not a problem but after a couple hundred pulling a trigger that, in essence, is 3/32 wide can get a little irritating..

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My last Gen3 and both Gen4s haven't bothered me so I haven't bothered to look at them. I just assumed Glock had made adjustments.

Top Bottom