Goood MORNING China! (4 conventional US Subs surface)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    The Rolls Royce, Allison Gas Turbine, and transmission plants, Fort Ben ( payroll for soldiers) are some more military related businesses, just in Marion County. If they haven't shut it down, they used to make and test missle guidance systems at Naval Avionics on the east side.
    So...nuke Marion Co. central Indiana, "The Crossroads of America", take out I-70, I-65, I-74, lets just say the monument on the circle is probably a bullseye. My tinfoil is on, but, keep this in mind if you think central Indiana is not "at risk".

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    A few more targets...Eli Lilly, Phizer, Dow Chemical I am sure there are lots more if we just thought a little..

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Anybody else besides me think Crane is a likely target?
    Every little white dot in the picture is a bunker with God knows what is in it.
    AND, that is just the above ground stuff we can see on Google Earth.

Weapons manufacturing/storage/research/development, yep I'm guessin' it is a target!

crane.png

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    A few more targets...Eli Lilly, Phizer, Dow Chemical I am sure there are lots more if we just thought a little..

Also, don't forget all the manufacturing plants like Navistar and many others that are there even if they are not being used anymore. It is a lot easier to fire up a plant that is downsized than to build a new one. I remember hearing at one time that all the bigger manufaturing plants had a "back up plan" type program where they could manufacture military parts if the government needed it to happen.

BTW, Crane would be a big target as would Ft. Ben because of its ability to be used if other areas are taken out.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Weapons manufacturing/storage/research/development, yep I'm guessin' it is a target!

crane.png

I toured Crane in the late '90's, I recall them saying at the time that they are 1 of only two "tier 1" defense installations, meaning that they are to meet any supply request for anything within 24 hours. That would mean a whole lot is stored there, including nuclear weapons. One warehouse was packed full of shells for Iowa class battleship guns, another full of 3" gun turrets. And that's only the places they showed us.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

crane.png

what is crane? i also never knew we had so many bunkers in indiana.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    This reminds me a little bit of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia when Charlie gets "Gun fever".

His landlord comes to collect the rent, Charlie lifts up his shirt and shows off his new gun, then the landlord decided he doesn't need the money right then.

I think we just showed China our new gun.

Awesome episode! :yesway::laugh:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I think you guys forgot a couple civilian targets as well. Backup generators only run for so long. With that in mind, Public Service Indiana, now known as Duke Energy, operates what was once the 9th largest coal fired power plant in the world. I think back in the 80's. Gibson Generating Station in Gibson County was, and still is a large Russian Nuclear Target. Couple that with the fact that Plainfield is home to the nerve center for Duke Energy (take out that facility, you effectively shut down control of the power grid in IN), and those two alone, with Crane Naval... Once Chicago and Champaign, IL are hit, IN will be little more than radioactive wasteland.

If you don't know about Champaign, the University of IL has access to every Nuclear Power Plant in IL, and, control over many critical systems of said plants.

These are in my top ten reasons for wanting to move to remote Montana. :twocents:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    We are all going to die from this stuff lol. There are way too many unstable nations out there who are getting too many weapons.

Good thing there isnt anything in IN worth bombing. That is unless China hates the NCAA and wants a college football playoff too.

There was a list of top Soviet targets in the US a few years back. Indy was in the top 10! We have a lot of important Military and civilian targets in and around the city as others have stated.

shooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    I have delivered a load of un armed missiles to Crane and let me tell ya! the load was overloaded to the hilt! blew a turbo pulling that load,but had paperwork that let me be overweight? by 25k on 2 of the axles....... And it took 4 hours to clear the gate It was a place to see let me tell ya! Bunkers with loading docks !

Top Bottom