• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Stoped by the big wallmart in TH yesterday, found hard white wheat burries at 13.44 per 25 lb bag...

bought 4 Its the cheapest price I have found on wheat berries, normaly its around $45-55 per 50LB...

Our little WM in Linton does not carry it.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Last time I bought wheat was $11.45 with the mormons it is triple clean ready to grind. I also got some straight from the field in bags for $6.25 for 50 Lb. I have a farmer that will sell me some this year at $5.50 for 50 pounds straight from the field.

mikeh53

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    The store I am refering to is the one on 41 at the extream SOUTH end of town by Lows...

I wish we had wheat farmers nearby... but I dont think we do.... Also wish we had peach farms like in Modesto CA... but we don't... I will check with the Mormons in Indy but considering the drive, the wallmart find still might be a great deal

nmcampbe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Central IN
    That is about what it is at SAMs club, 50 lbs of rice is just under $20. Costco may be a little cheaper but I don't have a membership there.

I wish all the wal marts would carry the white wheat, I wonder if they would order some in if you ask?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Parenthesis, not off-topic:

I have found in my STUFF a hand-powered grinder, like a meat-grinder, but smaller throat, and 2 discs where only one of them rotates, in a tensioning-bracket, on the end of the screw. Is this a flour-grinder? It's brand new. EBG

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I have found in my STUFF a hand-powered grinder, like a meat-grinder, but smaller throat, and 2 discs where only one of them rotates, in a tensioning-bracket, on the end of the screw. Is this a flour-grinder? It's brand new. EBG

Sounds like it, but it would help if you could link up some pics.

ar15_dude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    ... I also got some straight from the field in bags for $6.25 for 50 Lb. I have a farmer that will sell me some this year at $5.50 for 50 pounds straight from the field.

My understanding is that all wheat grown in IN is soft...used for pasta, not good for bread making. The hard wheats are for bread.

Top Bottom