• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I really like how every "expert" with a $300 rifle thinks that if they can hit a 4 foot target they are really doing something. Big deal. There are people who are happy with rifles they beat up, there are people who beat up their cars and think that is the way to go, heck, there are guys that beat the crap out of their wives that think that is the way to go.

I do not beat up MY firearms, I do not beat up MY car and I do not beat up MY wife. I maintain them to the best of my ability. If some jerk thinks it is cool to abuse the crap he gets at the pawn shop, it is his freedom, but that is not my idea of cool.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    His property, let him do with it what he wants. Hunting rifles get beat up while hunting, can't keep everything mint and whipe it with a diaper all the time. So what if he chooses to throw it on the ground. Big deal

i personally thought the video was funny

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's an oldie but a goodie from a long since banned member of Sniper's Hide. He posted it after a big debate on barrel break in. I liked his posts, he is a very knowledgeable shooter but is probably the single most abrasive forum poster I've ever seen lol. I wish I could remember his screen name now, I'm pretty sure he started the "As real as it gets" forum.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    The guy in the video goes by various names because he is always getting banned, seemingly for abusing anyone who argues with him. On 24hourcampfire he has a couple of accounts, Big Stick and Boxer. I've been in his crosshairs a time or two.

But he does know a ton about hunting rifles and, if you can get past his strange take on English, he is willing to share. Also from the pics he posts he has owned and shot and absolute pile of rifles. The one in the video isn't a $300 pawn shop rifle, for instance.

Anyway, on barrel break-in, if someone wants to go through the trouble I don't see the harm.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The guy in the video goes by various names because he is always getting banned, seemingly for abusing anyone who argues with him. On 24hourcampfire he has a couple of accounts, Big Stick and Boxer. I've been in his crosshairs a time or two.

But he does know a ton about hunting rifles and, if you can get past his strange take on English, he is willing to share. Also from the pics he posts he has owned and shot and absolute pile of rifles. The one in the video isn't a $300 pawn shop rifle, for instance.

Anyway, on barrel break-in, if someone wants to go through the trouble I don't see the harm.

Hmm, does he post on INGO?

:D

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With factory guns, a little break in process isn't a bad thing. The throats in those can be pretty rough at times. Break-in process isn't as much as focusing on the entire barrel, but rather knocking off high edges and smoothing out the bullets path up in the throat and beginning of the rifling. With a good quality hand lapped custom barrel, there really isn't a lot you need to do to them to get them ready.

And yea, that video is pretty funny everytime I watch it.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom