• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Other than 1 rd capacity difference between 8 and 7rd mags is 7rd magazines more reliable or really no difference?
    I have Tripp Cobra, Wilson 47d and Wilson ETM 8rnd mags and have no issues with them. The WC ETM mag was designed from the outset to be an 8 rnd mag with a longer tube. This makes the ETM easier to seat on a closed slide and compresses the spring less that may lead to increased reliability.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    In regards to a good value magazine, I have bought/used 7rnd round follower Metalforms and haven't had any problems with them. The Dan Wessons I have bought had ,what I believe to be, rebranded Metalforms with them.

For 8 rnd carry mags, I have Tripp & Wilson Combat but the price of those are a bit higher.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Ok so, here’s my top 3 recommendations for magazines for a 1911

1-wilson combat
    2-Wilson combat
    3-Wilson combat

Buy once, cry once, as for your “competition magazine” comment, if your shooting speed, the time it takes to clear a jam can mean the difference between 1st place and 5th place! (Or worse)

Rating - 100%
    137   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I've used Wilson 47d magazines for years. Never a problem with them. I have been trying some of the Kimber kimpro tac 8rd magazines here lately. They can be found in the $22 - $27 range. These are very well made magazines. I like the skirted follower and the strong springs. Never a problem with feeding about any bullet design that I have tried, removable base plates with bump pads make them worth the money to me.

Top Bottom