• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im not sure the haters totally have their heads wrapped around this gun as built. Then again, They may not appreciate a gun thats been tweaked.

I just built this gun on paper per your specs and im at $837 not including shipping. So at least on paper, your guy isnt blatantly ripping you off. :dunno:

My original statement of "if you and he both want the other's toy more than your own, go for it. "still stands.

Im not saying its a bad gun, if he has 837 in it, and best case scenerio a used gun lose's 10% if its factory, and 20% if its custom your looking at 669. You dont get your money back on custom parts because mabye the next guy wanted a diffrent stock, scope, barrel, etc

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Im not sure the haters totally have their heads wrapped around this gun as built. Then again, They may not appreciate a gun thats been tweaked.

I just built this gun on paper per your specs and im at $837 not including shipping. So at least on paper, your guy isnt blatantly ripping you off. :dunno:

My original statement of "if you and he both want the other's toy more than your own, go for it. "still stands.

:dunno:......Not a hater,but.......it'a 10-22.......:rolleyes:......PERIOD.......

No diff'rnt than'ese bikes, cars/trucks.....or anythin' else......can have a azzload'a mods/upgrades......but in the end......it only worth whut the book says....:dunno:....an' it don't matter....if ya got 100K in it.....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    A Vis35 (aka "Radom") is based on the 1911 is only the loosest sense. I own 2-3 lever Vis35 and they are great shooters. If your friend is looking for a 1911, he will be disappointed because there is nothing that interchanges between them. 10-22's are a dime a dozen, they stopped making Vis35's 70 years ago. In today's market they run about $450 to $500 for a matching 3 lever in good shape, they do well BECAUSE they are historical. A supped up 10-22 is an example of the whole NOT greater than the sum of its parts. Now if you are into that stuff and your friend wants the Vis35 for what it is...carry on. A fair trade is a trade that BOTH parties feel they received what they wanted.

Vis pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    :dunno:......Not a hater,but.......it'a 10-22.......:rolleyes:......PERIOD.......

No diff'rnt than'ese bikes, cars/trucks.....or anythin' else......can have a azzload'a mods/upgrades......but in the end......it only worth whut the book says....:dunno:....an' it don't matter....if ya got 100K in it.....

^True, you lose on the extras.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I have to disagree but only to a point. I have a Kidd, Volquartsen 10-22 that I built from a stock 10-22. The stock rifle shot exceptional groups but nothing like the hybrid I built. It will do circles around a stock unit. Now the kicker comes if your willing to put a grand into the stock rifle to get it to that point. Can I really justify that much into it ? Probably not but I did it anyway.

If I was ever to sell the rifle (which I won't) I would strip it down and restore it to the stock configuration and sell the upgrades separately.

I guess it all boils down to how much you have in your Radon and if you really enjoy a hyrid 10-22 type shooting more than you enjoy that pistol I say go for it. Especially if that Radon will collect dust in your safe but otherwise it's a tough call.

Your friend has that much tied up in his rifle I have no doubt. Question is are your willing to have the same in it.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    At least you can still buy ammo for the Random reasonably easy. 22 ammo is kinda difficult to come by nowadays, and being picky about ammo ( I am assuming you would want to feed that rifle its favorite ammo to get out of it what it is capable of) is next to impossible these days.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    It will do circles around a stock unit...................

And unless you are shooting in the Olympics, what's the point of a 10-22 that will shoot sub 1-inch groups instead of 1-inch groups at 50 yards? You have to look at the limitations of the round that the gun shoots to determine if all those "upgrades" are worthwhile or just a waste of time and money.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    If you value and appreciate the mods that much, it's your money.

I just got an e-mail about $199 10/22s from Palmetto. I haven't bought one in ages, but have to think that that's not an extraordinary deal.
    IMHO, I could never justify putting $600 more into one. That said, I do more air rifle shooting at the house than I shoot firearms in a year, and could see myself spending that kind of coin on a PCP pellet gun and supporting gear.

It's all a matter of perspective, and what YOU think it's worth.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    And unless you are shooting in the Olympics, what's the point of a 10-22 that will shoot sub 1-inch groups instead of 1-inch groups at 50 yards? You have to look at the limitations of the round that the gun shoots to determine if all those "upgrades" are worthwhile or just a waste of time and money.

Agreed completely but my angle is that I already have a nice bolt action, lever action and another semi in .22 and this was the reason I built a premium rifle for premium match grade ammunition. Different rifles for different purposes. It's all about what one is after and wants to achieve.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

Yeah that.....:):.....an' it would'n be with no 10-22,neither......be with sumthin 'at starts with a 'A'.......:):

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    And unless you are shooting in the Olympics, what's the point of a 10-22 that will shoot sub 1-inch groups instead of 1-inch groups at 50 yards?

Maybe the same point of an AR that shoots .5" at 100 yds instead of 1" . Maybe the same point as a hunting rifle that shoots sub MOA instead of 2X MOA. Maybe the same point as a handgun that shoots 2.5" groups at 25 yards instead of 5" groups.

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    CJ has been trying to get his money back out of that 10/22 for a couple years now, hasn't he!? I told him when he built it that he was going to have to keep it or eat the cash, cause nobody will pay retail for someone else's project.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    CJ has been trying to get his money back out of that 10/22 for a couple years now, hasn't he!? I told him when he built it that he was going to have to keep it or eat the cash, cause nobody will pay retail for someone else's project.
    Yep that's the one. I showed him the Radon today, he didnt want it because it's a piece of history. I showed him my XD 45 tactical and while he's not sure what its worth he sounded interested.

Top Bottom