• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MbMinx

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indianapolis Area
    In my collection is one gun I am not fond of at all. It's a Bryco/Jennings .380 with a pair of magazines that my Dad gave me back in 1994. It doesn't fit my hand well, the action is very stiff and I just don't like it as much as the others. It has occurred to me that I might be able to sell it, and that money could go into buying some safety gear and target practice.

I not very knowledgeable yet about a lot of things, including what I have, what it's worth and where to go with it. From what I've seen on GunBroker.com and a couple of other sites, it might be worth maybe $100, tops. I imagine I'd get less than half that...But I don't want to get ripped off and have someone deliberately low-ball me.

Is there a shop in the central Indiana area that buys used guns? Any of them you'd recommend as fair? Is there anything I need to know about selling a handgun?
    Thank you all for all your help and your patience.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I would be really surprised if a shop would give you more than $25. They really don't have a good rep. ( I'm being nice)

Take it to the next INDY 1500 and you might find someone there or post it in the classifieds here. (Didn't look to see your post count, you need more than 50 posts) Edit- Looked at your post count, your almost 1/2 way to 50. Just hang on to it until you get there.

Good luck getting rid of the Jennings.

Or, you could wait until the next gun buy back???

jsn_mooney

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    South Of Richmond
    My advice is to submit 28 more posts, and try and sell it here.Or, become a site supporter. You're going to cover alot more ground, and likely come out much better on your sale by offering it to our little community.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    You'll get the most cash from it on a private sale.

Let's say it's worth $100. You could do a private sale for $80. If you took it to a dealer, they would have to buy it for less, say $30-40. Then they have to hold on to that inventory, taking up room in the display case, until it sells for $80.

When looking around to find a fair price for an item, I usually check out Impact Guns and Bud's, along with browsing the classifieds and such to get an idea of what the going rate it. Then take the condition and accessories into consideration, and try to give someone a good deal on it.

Impact Guns Home
    Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    In my collection is one gun I am not fond of at all. It's a Bryco/Jennings .380 with a pair of magazines that my Dad gave me back in 1994. It doesn't fit my hand well, the action is very stiff and I just don't like it as much as the others. It has occurred to me that I might be able to sell it, and that money could go into buying some safety gear and target practice.

I not very knowledgeable yet about a lot of things, including what I have, what it's worth and where to go with it. From what I've seen on GunBroker.com and a couple of other sites, it might be worth maybe $100, tops. I imagine I'd get less than half that...But I don't want to get ripped off and have someone deliberately low-ball me.

Is there a shop in the central Indiana area that buys used guns? Any of them you'd recommend as fair? Is there anything I need to know about selling a handgun?
    Thank you all for all your help and your patience.
    I've always had pretty good luck posting on Armlists.com or HoosierTopics.com. If you put $100 I think it would sell pretty quick. I would put $150 on it and deal from there. Just be careful when posting on those sites with a gun at that price. just sayin':rolleyes:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You can also support the site for $15 a year and have immediate access to the BST areas.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Keep it in the family, it may not be worth all that much, but one day you may wish you still had it because your father gave it to you.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think I would just put it on Armslist. You are much more likely to find someone interested in that particular make and model on there than here on INGO.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Keep it in the family, it may not be worth all that much, but one day you may wish you still had it because your father gave it to you.

this^^

I have an old "AG" Galesi .25acp pocket pistol that was given to me by my grandpa that i will never get rid of. I know nothing of the brand other then it was made in italy, but doubt its worth much. I have fired it twice, and on the second shot it fired out of battery and cut my hand up a bit, but i will never sell it still. It was the pistol my grandfather carried in his pocket everyday on his was to work at a factory in chicago in the 50's and 60's. Dont know if he believed it to be illegal or not, but when you have 5 kids and a wife to get back home to do what you need to. Needless to say, its staying in the family

Last edited:

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    One day, long after you've blown $100 on something that didn't matter and you've forgotten all about it, you might find yourself missing owning something that your daddy gave you.

Just saying.

Top Bottom