• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    So, I've seen misc posts saying that good deals can sometimes be found in random Pawn Shops. Being someone who likes a good deal just as much as anyone else I thought I would ask... What are some good Pawn Shops to watch in the Indy area? I went into a few today around the south east side (mainly off of Emerson Ave) and none of them even seemed to deal in firearms.

What places do you guys suggest I stop by randomly?

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I have heard good things about Bobs Pawn in Kokomo, but I have never been there myself. Their business card lists Class 3 sales, Class 2 Mfg, Silencers, Machine Guns, transfers, and guns of course.

Bobs Pawn Jewelry & Guns
    507 N. Washington St.
    Kokomo, IN 46901
    (765)459-0490

fireman28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    All the pawn shops I've seen in Lafayette are priced more than new. Good luck, I hope you find a good honest place to deal with.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I've wandered into a half dozen pawnshops here in Indy and haven't come across anything worthwhile yet. If there is a good, independent one around I'd be interested in hearing about it; but the only ones I know of are the big chain pawnshops and they don't seem to have anything.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    I'm always concerned about the source of a gun at a pawnshop.

they have to get them checked , so no real concern there , and fill out the necessary paperwork for you to buy it

as far as answering i don't know any up there , but here at least , the ones i frequent always have a higher price tag than what they will sell , especially a gun i know has been on the shelf for awhile i just make them an offer , most will take %20 ish off of sticker price (sometimes more ) but i like to haggle a bit

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I have heard good things about Bobs Pawn in Kokomo, but I have never been there myself. Their business card lists Class 3 sales, Class 2 Mfg, Silencers, Machine Guns, transfers, and guns of course.

+1 for Bobs Pawn Shop. Reasonable prices and decent turnover on inventory.

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    I've bought alot of tools at pawn shops and the key is knowing what your looking at and what it's worth. I'll watch an item for a couple weeks and if it's still around that long they will usually make a deal. Last thing I bought was a Hobart welder, they started out at 225 and I ended up getting it for almost half after it sat for three weeks and I pointed out some issues with it.

Userdenied

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am losing hope in Pawnshops here in Indy. The more I go into the more I find myself sticking out like a sore thumb or feeling a little dirty walking out.

Maybe the shops here are just shadier than others.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Since you can't legally pawn guns in IN they have to be FFL's as well as pawn shops to sell firearms. I've had the best luck on the S/W side of Bloomington but it's been so long since I've been there that I'm not sure they're even still open.

brooks45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    evansville
    If your down around evansville check out Goldman's
    Pawn down town. Got my son a a savage mark 2
    for 62 bucks. Very friendly staff and will even special
    order for you.:rockwoot:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Rosco's Jewelry, 5416 E. Washington St. in Indy, is a pawn shop that sometimes carries firearms. I've heard that they sometimes have a handful of firearms in stock. The only time I went in all they had was a nice looking 1911 style .45..not sure if the price was good or not.

There are only two other pawn shops I've been to in the metro area that carried firearms, but I haven't been to them in many, many years. Jensen's Pawn is/was located near downtown Greenfield off of St. Rd. 9 a few blocks south of US 40. They had a decent number of long guns and some pistols when I visited over a decade ago. I still see their billboard and believe they are still in business. There was also a pawn shop in the 3800 Blk. of N. Illinois St. in Indy. Currently Google shows a Joseph's Jewelry and Loan there, not sure if it was the same name/ownership when I visited. I wasn't impressed at all. They had one of the first Romanian AKs that had come in during the ban era. It has the thumb hole stock and those AKs were said to be decent in quality. The one they had in stock was extremely overpriced to the tune of at least $100+. Not only that, it was filthy. It was almost like they couldn't be bothered to clean it.

KAbraham

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Indy
    Can anyone recommend a good FFL dealer here in Indy? Bought a gun a few months ago in St Louis & had it sent to Gander Mountain ~ BIG MISTAKE! Charged me $75 for handling the FFL process. I thought this beyond excessive...

cassaireland05

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro IN
    All the pawn shops I've seen in Lafayette are priced more than new. Good luck, I hope you find a good honest place to deal with.

I was gonna say the same thing! Ramsey's is the only one I know of but their prices are insane! But I was thankful to find a pond shop that actually has guns. There is another pond shop in Crawfordsville that has a few guns i think they had 3 rifles and maybe 3 hand guns though! Good luck in your search!

Top Bottom