Good night for us... Bad night for them... (Graphic Pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have a chance to hog hunt in June in Arkansas not sure what rifel I want to use

I hate to give the same old answer, but it really just depends on shot placement. I've seen them killed with everything from a .22lr to a .475 turnbull.

The most difficult part is their tendency to not bleed well. Neck shots are a good solution to having to track a limited blood trail.

Another potential problem is how you will be hunting. We hunt at night out here so a scope is a necessity for the light gathering.

hem_ker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Plymouth
    I was reading that the piggy's are starting to make their way into the lower part of the state and if it goes like it has in other states may spread throughout the state. Got pics on my trailcam of a sow and her piglet last year... we think that was a neighbors that got loose. Got me wonder though!

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    overkill ? I also have a 3o7 win 270 wsm 308 45-70 never hunted hogs so this will be all new to me

I don't think overkill is possible....:ar15: but you may want to think twice before taking a heart shot if you plan on getting roasts later. (a neck shot would be suggested)

Any of those cartridges will work just fine. My buddy usually uses a .308 but since he finished the 50 Beowulf last week that will probably be his pig gun.

Top Bottom