• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    It is our job. But there should be a fee that people that put themselves into bad situations only to have to be served and protected by the police. Maybe after they have to pay that fee one or several times they will think before they act.

Anyone that has a job pays that "fee" every paycheck, don't they?

The only time I've never called 911/dispatch was for someone else (traffic accidents) and I hope to God I never need that assistance, but I do feel like anyone with a job has already payed their dues and no other fees should be necessary.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

The only time I've never called 911/dispatch was for someone else (traffic accidents) and I hope to God I never need that assistance, but I do feel like anyone with a job has already payed their dues and no other fees should be necessary.

Benny, you really should do a ride along. I can understand where the word FEE makes you questions the intentions of the comment, but there are people out there not like you and I. There is a genuine abuse of the system.

Ask if you can do a ride along w/ engine 27 or squad 29 and you will see exactly how much of YOUR tax money is wasted.

Those that abuse the system if they had to actually make a small sacrifice (10 dollars) in order to use the system in a non emergant way then it MAY help curb some of the abuse.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Benny, you really should do a ride along. I can understand where the word FEE makes you questions the intentions of the comment, but there are people out there not like you and I. There is a genuine abuse of the system.

Ask if you can do a ride along w/ engine 27 or squad 29 and you will see exactly how much of YOUR tax money is wasted.

Those that abuse the system if they had to actually make a small sacrifice (10 dollars) in order to use the system in a non emergant way then it MAY help curb some of the abuse.

Firefighters allow ride-alongs?????? Where do I sign up? :bacondance:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

That's kind of how I thought it worked too!

Top Bottom