• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well possibly. there is someone in town looking to open up a gun shop out lake monroe way. its not me but he does not want his name put out hence the vagueness. I do also know he has his interview with the ATF next week so fingers crossed.that is really all I know at this point but I will be meeting up with him next week to discuss with him what he really needs to make a successful run of it, I.E. customer service, prices. another thing that will be brought up is the possibility of an indoor range. that is all for now, I thought I would go all bushmaster on you guys.;) but feel free to throw out suggestions as far as how we can make this place good and stick around.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    LOL ok just a shot in the dark. I'm not in your town but, I like to see a good variety of IWB holsters in the shops I go to. Unfortunately the stores around me don't stock them.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I would like to see a plethora of UTG products, DPMS rifles, LOTS AND LOTS of Hi-Points, and a shortage of cheap ammo. Oh yeah...a selection of tree bark camo that would make Wal-Mart blush.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Someone told me there was a shop on Monon Dr. I whizzed through there one day, but didn't see anything that stuck out. I will have to ask around.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Indoor ranges are nice, but my understanding is they are very expensive to build, to maintain, and to insure.

I'd love to see a store with a good selection of holsters. Good holsters, not just Uncle Mike's and the like, even though I know a lot of folks will drop $800 on a gun and then crap their drawers at the thought of $60-$80 on a good leather holster to protect it. Reloading supplies and components, ammo and accessories. Books and DVDs on training, sports, gun assembly/disassembly, etc. A wide variety of targets. Some serious like bullseyes and IPSC/IDPA. Some fun, like the zombie type targets. Magazines and speedloaders. Blackpowder guns and supplies, to include pistols.

My wife makes a most emphatic request for supplies for women. She's NOT talking about throwing a few pink guns in the inventory. She is desperate to find some holsters actually made for women. We are looking at having to order some off the internet, but neither of us are a fan of spending that much money on such a personal item sight unseen. This is the one item that would actually get us to make the drive all the way there from Crawfordsville. She'd also like to see some books and training material directed toward women. She's always enjoyed shopping at gun shops that actually had some women employees. It's a real rarity.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I do know he is big into re-loading so that would probably be a big component of the store. good suggestions guys keep'em coming.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Cheap transfers.

My old shop back home does it for $15 for the first gun, and $20 for any number of guns. I haven't found a shop that can match that yet, so every time I buy a gun online, I just have it sent back home then pick it up when I visit my parents. If he can match those transfer prices he'll have a new customer because he'll be closer to me than I can drive from my parents house to my old shop.

typhoon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    new shop

we need another shop in bloomington!! a indoor range would be awesome i would be there once a week!!! as the shop goes maybe a layway 60-90 days. . . 20% down kinda like MCSPORTS....GOOD luck!!!

IUGradStudent

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Bloomington, IN
    Good access to HWY 37 would be a big plus for me since I live on the west side of town. If it is much off of 37 I will not frequent there. With that said, he needs to find a niche that is different from MCSports and Cosners or else he won't survive. He should think about how he is going to differentiate himself from them. What do people around here want? Better customer service, more tacticool stuff? He'll need to think through that question or he'll go the way of most other start-up businesses. Cheap transfers could help bring people in, as could low prices. An indoor range would do very well if he can scrape up the money to build it.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I don't know of any indoor ranges less than an hour away from Bloomington. Even running it at a break even level, my guess is that it would be a great customer draw for a good gun store. At least it would produce some traffic, after that it's up to the good salesmanship of the store.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Someone told me there was a shop on Monon Dr. I whizzed through there one day, but didn't see anything that stuck out. I will have to ask around.

Four Seasons Gun Shop - 1412 S Monon Dr, They have very limited hours and I have no clue their inventory but there was an ad in the paper last time I was in town that I saw, check the classifieds it may still be in there.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    it can be hard at times. but a daily or weeky updated list of used guns in the store. 1hr drive just look isnt always worth it. i would say bloomington and the surronding areas would be heavily influnced by hunters and the like.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I would like to see more sporting clay and shotgun reloading equipment. I have to travel to Mc Sport, Walmart, Spencer Bait, Waldens, and Cosners to get my primer, shot, wads, case, and powder if I want to keep a consistant load. Also I would love to see a good varity of Browning and Beretta over\under shotguns.

Top Bottom