• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Super duper old thread, but since everyone is joining in... I'll vote Terre Haute Guns in Riley. Seemed like good guys, and the prices were very fair. I was impressed, and that's not easy.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    Another vote for terre haute guns. Good prices and people. They have turned into my go to shop. Top guns lost my respect in the panic. Carson Arms on Davis is a good guy. Not a great selection but fair prices and is a kimber dealer.

jeffesaurusrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    For sure, Terre Haute Guns at the strip mall in Riley. The prices are already lower than everybody else plus he offers a cash discount. Instead of taking advantage of the panic like some other gun stores around here, namely Top Guns, the guy at Terre Haute Guns keeps everything at normal or very close to normal pricing and rations it out so everybody gets some.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I usually go to Favre's but I'm starting to become a fan of TH Guns also, in fact will probably buy my next gun there after being in there a few times. I won't buy anything from Top Guns anymore! Markle's Gun & Ammo in Linton is usually pretty reasonable also..

Airwolf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Terre Haute, IN
    I go to Dave at McDonald Lake Rod and Gun Club in Clinton exclusively now. Prices are really good and the service is great. Great guy to deal with, not your typical gun store jerk. Not to mention the restaurant(open in the summer months) has a fantastic tenderloin.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    your out of luck for what I know to be good gun stores in the Haute.

The ones Ive been to rival Gander on prices.

Ive heard Darrels in Cayuga is good, but thats another 45 north.

Your best bet IMO is going to be Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis (maybe). So far Bob @ PSS hasn't let me down.

clay

Amazing how much changes in three years.

Super duper old thread, but since everyone is joining in... I'll vote Terre Haute Guns in Riley. Seemed like good guys, and the prices were very fair. I was impressed, and that's not easy.

Another vote for terre haute guns. Good prices and people. They have turned into my go to shop. Top guns lost my respect in the panic. Carson Arms on Davis is a good guy. Not a great selection but fair prices and is a kimber dealer.

I will only be purchasing from Terre Haute Guns from now on. I have known Brian since before he opened up the shop. I was at a trap shoot at a friends house and he brought a few shotguns (some his, some he was selling) for people to shoot. I shot the Maverick 88 last April. I now own that same shotgun I got off him. I haven't been in Top guns for a long time, but the big thing I have against them that I like THGs for is the size of the stores. TG is like being in a Sardine can. THG's is a really nice size store.

djlaundry2000

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    Terre Haute
    top Gun on 41 across from Mikes Car Wash is a great store with good people super selection and fair prices in today's market

So Bman we are bringing a 4 year thread back to life to get that post!
    Does this count as a quality post?
    And can anyone verify if that was Top Guns at the last 1500 the was asked to leave?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I was going to stop by favres yesterday to see what kinds of prices he had but he was closed, it was close to 2, sign on the door said 10-8 on Saturdays?

golfinfool

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Brazil, Indiana
    The Outpost in Brazil is a great place, not a huge selection of handguns but very reasonable prices (compared to Gander Mtn). I picked up some .40 s&w ammo the other day and it was about the same price as Wal-Mart. Very nice people in there. They have a reloading room (and smelting area), you can use all of their equipment (including dies)for free if you get supplies from them.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    The Outpost in Brazil is a great place, not a huge selection of handguns but very reasonable prices (compared to Gander Mtn). I picked up some .40 s&w ammo the other day and it was about the same price as Wal-Mart. Very nice people in there. They have a reloading room (and smelting area), you can use all of their equipment (including dies)for free if you get supplies from them.

Oh, nice. Have to save all my brass from now on.

david76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    +1 for Terre Haute guns, nice place and the service was super good. I live 4 blocks from Patriot and would rather go to THG.

undeRGRound

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2012
    ...was also going to mention Wabash Armory. I have bought 2 guns from them. I also heard the Terre Haute Guns was a good shop. I was told they will give a discount to anyone who pays in Cash.

Wabash Valley Armory has great selection, usually AMMO when
    other places are out, so on. All these places are DIFFERENT and
    great variety! I mostly buy at TopGuns because their hours work
    for me very well, and their prices smash gander mountain. I go to
    ALL Terre Haute Gun Stores, and have made purchases at all.
    Just depending on who has what, but TopGuns treats me great.
    They were not in business very long, so maybe not them that got
    Runt-Off at the last years Indy 1500 lol!
    I'll ax Steve next time I'm up in Dat Place, funny Stuff!

BTW TopGuns has $12.95 boxes of AR ammo, limit 2 as of last nite...

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    TH guns in Rileyalso had a website that lists everything they have in stock. Guns and ammo..... Never had an issue with top guns either and they usually have the best prices around. Downside is store is tiny and always very busy.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    "Meek's Guns" in Ft Branch and "Keep and Bear Arms" a little over a mile south from Meeks. Well worth a look see or call.

Top Bottom