• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msmith103

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 17, 2008
    Hendricks County
    I am finally ready to buy my Smith and wesson M&P 9c but cant find a decent place to get it. Don't really want to go to Gander Mo. and Guns and More was actually priced $30 dollars higher than Good Ol' Gander. Any suggestions? I am also from the Evansville area and have dealt with Strictly Shooting. Would like to travel no more than an hour or so. Advice of any kind is more than welcome. Thanks

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    your out of luck for what I know to be good gun stores in the Haute.

The ones Ive been to rival Gander on prices.

Ive heard Darrels in Cayuga is good, but thats another 45 north.

Your best bet IMO is going to be Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis (maybe). So far Bob @ PSS hasn't let me down.

clay

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the shops in th have come and gone. i've been in th for 30 yrs now, and when i need something gun, i either go to darrels custom guns in cayuga or plainfield shooting supply.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Terre Haute Gun shops

your out of luck for what I know to be good gun stores in the Haute.

The ones Ive been to rival Gander on prices.

Ive heard Darrels in Cayuga is good, but thats another 45 north.

Your best bet IMO is going to be Plainfield Shooting Supply or Bradis (maybe). So far Bob @ PSS hasn't let me down.

clay
    :+1:

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    I was there a week ago. Their prices are pretty high on most things, I've heard of some good prices on things that came out of there, but never seen them.

Not much of a selection and the guy that helped me did not seem to want to help too awfully much. Just not the type of mentality I would expect from a business man who is supposedly in the business to make money.

It's worth a try to waste some time, that's about all I can say about it. Maybe I was there when their stock of items was low...:dunno:

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    I've bought a few guns at Favre's on Fruitridge Ave. They don't have a huge selection, but their prices are usually pretty good. They are also nice people to deal with.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Ive delt with Patriot and Favres a few times. The people at both were nice as could be. Both places had their prices out of wack on a few things. Never really priced any guns.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    There USED to be a shop in Carlisle; but I'm not sure if they're in business any more.

Found this one online, don't know anything about 'em: Dave's Gun Shop, Holland, IN 536-5533.

There's a decent place in Jasper, too, that might be worth inquiring of: Uebelhor Bait & Guns Shop 482 2nd Ave, Jasper, IN 47546 812-482-6672.

There's also Whittakers down in Owensboro; but I'm not up to snuff on how to purchase a handgun between states like that. I've heard that there's an FFL type feller in the area who makes routine runs down there and brings everything back to the right side of the River in order to do the transfers...

-J-

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    There still is a gunshop in Carlisle, two actually.
    The original is Marsh Creek Outfitters, downtown across S.R. 58 from Cowtown bar and grill.
    The newest is Trophy Hunters Unlimited at 307 E. Harrison, which is the same thing as leaving town Eastbound on S.R. 58. They are on the right-hand side of S.R. 58 and don't have a big sign, so it's easy to miss it.
    Neither place is large and do not have many guns. Trophy Hunters has been ordering a lot of guns at customers requests.
    Trophy Hunters is also a gunsmith.
    The number is 812-630-5049.

In Vincennes there is Grubb's Guns at 701 S. 13th St.
    They also have a small place but do have a few guns onhand, mostly long guns. Their number is 812-886-9951.

Also in Vincennes is J & M Enterprises (Jerry Morris) at 215 Manilla St. He is a major Ruger dealer (out of his house), but can get anything you want.
    His number is 812-882-9344.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    The last 3 firearms I purchased; 2 came from auctions (1 in Sullivan and 1 in Terre Haute) and I bought a Moss. 500 combo 12 gauge at Trotters here in Sullivan.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Oh! And don't leave out the large-ish shop in Ft. Branch. Can't remember the name of it, but it's on the West side of US 41, immediately south of the concrete casket vault plant. I believe there are also some John-boats and ATVs outside the shop if that helps location. It for sure is south of the truck stop (Hucks?) and north of the DQ.

-J-

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    th shops

somebody already said it but here it is, Favres is your best bet outside of Gander, some things higher some not, but good people and qualified smith too. maple ave is good for wasting time but priced too high if you look around and the two guys in there dont have much personality at all.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    top Gun on 41 across from Mikes Car Wash is a great store with good people super selection and fair prices in today's market

Are these the same Top Gun guys that got ran off of the INDY 1500 with the handicap tag parked next to the building selling stuff out of the van not paying vendor fees, or was that an someone else?

There is the new Wabash Vally Armory on S. 7th St by the I 70 overpass. There is Terre Haute Guns in riley IN next to Dollar General.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Are these the same Top Gun guys that got ran off of the INDY 1500 with the handicap tag parked next to the building selling stuff out of the van not paying vendor fees, or was that an someone else?

There is the new Wabash Vally Armory on S. 7th St by the I 70 overpass. There is Terre Haute Guns in riley IN next to Dollar General.

Not a fan of Top GUns. I will leave it at that. I was also going to mention Wabash Armory. I have bought 2 guns from them. I also heard the Terre Haute Guns was a good shop. I was told they will give a discount to anyone who pays in Cash.

Top Bottom