• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My Dad has had a Ryobi trimmer for years now and he loves it. I have almost every 18V tool they have. I do not and cannot run a battery powered trimmer, I cut to many yards. I would tell anyone who listens if they do run a gas trimmer to avoid anything at the Orange, Green, or Blue stores and stop by a local mower shop and spend a little more. I have had a echo trimmer for 9 years now and I cut between 7 to 11 yards a week in that time. -Jason

I'm with igot. Lawn tools are like guns, save a little longer for the one you really want!

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Echo has a sweet 54V trimmer as well. It is the split boom and I believe they will work with all but Stihl. All of my handheld equipment is echo except for my 12" concrete saw. I run AMSOIL 2 stroke oil in BP 93 octane gas ONLY nothing else. I never drain my equipment at the end of the season and never have a problem starting them up in the spring. I know a lot of homeowners that buy echo equipment and buy that premix gas in the can and they love it. It isn't cost effective for me to run that stuff. -Jason

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Just an FYI, the Kolbalt 80 volt is down to $199 and has a rebate for a free spare battery! I just picked one up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I ended up buying this one. It is flimsy and I'm not impressed with its sturdiness nor its cutting width. But I dont have that much to trim and if I actually need to do any real edging I have a proper wheeled, gas powered, blade edger. So it does the limited job I ask it to.

https://www.ryobitools.com/outdoor/products/details/714

I just needed to be able to cut the spots around things like the foundations and other vertical objects. If I needed to cut wide swaths of grass where a mower couldnt reach I'd be screwed.

Top Bottom