• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Everyone can say they've never gotten a good deal at Gander until they actually do. You have to keep your eyes out. Like anything else worth having, you have to work at it.

Exactly. Just like any other merchandise.

I agree about Terre Haute GM, not worth the trip even if I'm near by.

Yeah for some reason I guess I wanted to reproof the fact terre haute is a rip. Stopped in again today, very few used guns period and very proud of what they had. Terre Haute GM has no competion though. They ran most of the small shops out of business and no other big competitors. So I guess they kinda get away with the price hikes around here.

So the Rem 870 Police, in GREAT condition, for $200 wasn't a good deal? Or the AutoMag .30 Carbine pistol for $600 wasn't a good deal?

You CAN find them at Gander Mountain. You just have to be patient and know what constitute a "value" or not.

-J-

beak7707

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Terre haute area
    I didn't see a used 870 police there. I saw two used colt scouts for 600 a piece all blued, I bought a good used duo tone scout the other day for 350. I'm not saying there has never been a good deal there. Just seems like the majority of the time the are very proud of there used guns.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah for some reason I guess I wanted to reproof the fact terre haute is a rip. Stopped in again today, very few used guns period and very proud of what they had. Terre Haute GM has no competion though. They ran most of the small shops out of business and no other big competitors. So I guess they kinda get away with the price hikes around here.

I found a decent deal there once every blue moon, like a Browning Gold on clearance during a rebate deal, and a .45LC/.45ACP Blackhawk. But you still have Favres', Patriot Arms, and that place in West T. if you don't like duck hill.

AutoMovt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    The GM at Greenwood sometimes has good deals, but for me it is having the money when I see them.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    yeah me too, just did a couple hours ago,
    just FYI, they are having an ammo"sell" buy one at regular price, get the 2nd box half off but watch out because they raised the price on average 1.50 a box since i was up there on the 4th january. i keep a running tab on certain ammo calibers and all went up in GM. just a warning that its really not a sale.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    CProducts AR mags (about the same quality as the Bushys) are about 7-8 bucks online.

I think Gander also suckers others in another way, not just in regards to suckering uninformed shooters, but also suckering in the "gotta have it in my hands now" crowd that have little waiting willpower or the "I am gonna be a patriot for supporting (what they think is ) a local business" types.

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    like i said i know nothing about them i just seen the sign that said 29.99 on sale for 19.99. they are giving a 10% discount to law enforcement,military and FF today being the last day. 5% on guns woohoo

Top Bottom