• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have an opportunity to purchase a Bushmaster Carbon-15 with a Bushnell Red Dot sight for $750. It comes with one magazine and a soft case. What say ye INGO members? Good deal or not?

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What do they sell for new at bradis?
    That's where I saw it at. The thing is, is the Carbon-15 any good, seeing as it's so inexpensive. It'll primarily be for moderate plinking and extreme home defense situations that my shotgun can't take care of. I guess I'm primarily interested in the forum members' opinions of this particular rifle.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Honestly I think they look like junk and would not buy one.

But I don't have one or ever shot one.

For 250 more you can have a metal one.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    I haven't had any experience with them since Bushmaster took them over but had no luck with them at all prior to that, reliability was a big problem with the ones I had an opportunity to play with.
    I have steered clear of them since then,

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I haven't had any experience with them since Bushmaster took them over but had no luck with them at all prior to that, reliability was a big problem with the ones I had an opportunity to play with.
    I have steered clear of them since then,

The Carbon series has come a long way since the Professional Ordnance days when they were SMOKING pieces of crap. The most notable change Bushmaster made was going to an AR-standard BCG and fire control group (they used to be proprietary).

To the OP:
    I've not personally shot one of the guns in question, but I believe a couple members here have bought them from Bradis recently and might be able to offer some firsthand information. Might try a search on "Carbon-15".

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had an older one and it was junk! The newer Bushy guns are supposed to be ok. I like the pistol version.

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I just bought one at Bradis like what you are talking about. Here is my thread on it. Tell them you are from INGO and they were doing them for $699. So far I can find absolutely nothing to complain about. I have been asking some of the guys over at other AR-15 sites and not hearing much bad on this newer design. For a price of $699 that included a $125 Bushnell Redot, it is hard to beat.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/95480-bushmaster_c15_orc_dial-up_beware.html

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I just picked this up today for 700.00. THere are deals out there that are much better than the carbon gun.

gun.jpg

Bushmaster 16" barrel with removable flat top.

The gun had 60 rounds fired though it, eotech is a 420.00 optic.

came with 4 mags

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I just picked this up today for 700.00. THere are deals out there that are much better than the carbon gun.

Bushmaster 16" barrel with removable flat top.

The gun had 60 rounds fired though it, eotech is a 420.00 optic.

came with 4 mags

What exactly is wrong with a Carbon gun?

BTW, did the Eotech come with that for $700?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What exactly is wrong with a Carbon gun?

BTW, did the Eotech come with that for $700?

Why would you spend 700.00 on the plastic AR when you could spend 200.00 more and have a great quality AR like a Rockriver, Bushmaster...etc. We are talking about a 223 caliber rifle, not a 22 cal plinker.

Yes the EOTech came on the rifle for 700.00

JeremySS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Why would you spend 700.00 on the plastic AR when you could spend 200.00 more and have a great quality AR like a Rockriver, Bushmaster...etc.

Yes the EOTech came on the rifle for 700.00

Looks like you got a very good deal :)

As far as the for buying the Bushmaster Carbon, it is the exact same reason that people buy a Glock instead of spending the extra money for a Sig. You said that Bushmaster is great quality, so why is the Bushmaster Carbon not when it shares every major component with other Bushmasters with the exception of the upper and lower receiver housings. You get the same package as a Bushmaster M4 but with lower weight, better corrosion resistance, and at a cheaper price.

If you know something specific about the Carbon that is bad I am all ears. I would like to know what to look out for :)

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You get the same package as a Bushmaster M4 but with lower weight, better corrosion resistance, and at a cheaper price.

The weight is the only thing I see as a plus, but your not carrying it very far so thats not a good selling point.

corrosion resistance, trigger pack stuff and barrel is all going to rust the same.

Cheaper price, not so much I just demonstrated that you could but a better quality gun for the same price, you just have to look for it.

The plastic AR's are the red headed step child of the Ar family. The first gen's were garbage. Whether they have them running 100% now of not I dont know. I do know that they quality metal ones run very well and are reliable.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Looks like you got a very good deal :)

As far as the for buying the Bushmaster Carbon, it is the exact same reason that people buy a Glock instead of spending the extra money for a Sig. You said that Bushmaster is great quality, so why is the Bushmaster Carbon not when it shares every major component with other Bushmasters with the exception of the upper and lower receiver housings. You get the same package as a Bushmaster M4 but with lower weight, better corrosion resistance, and at a cheaper price.

If you know something specific about the Carbon that is bad I am all ears. I would like to know what to look out for :)

fixed :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom