• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcoyotedream

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    West Side Indy
    You can pick up a Taurus Ultralight for around $250 to $275 used in good condition. I reccomend light weight for carry. Lets face it, it may have a little more kick to it but it's not a range weapon your going to be shooting 100 rds of rounds through. Which ever you decide you need to pay attention to the timming of the cylinder. A revolver is one of the most reliable weapons around, unless the cylinder is missaligned with the barrel Good luck in your search.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you want super duper lightweight, check out the Ruger LCR.

If you aren't concerned about pocket carry and want a more pleasant shooting gun, Ruger SP101. I think the 3" SP101 is one of the best guns out there.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Ruger LCR... I bought one a few months ago and I love it! Check it out on their website. Very lightweight, and surprisingly comfortable to shoot with a sweet trigger to boot. That'll probably run you a little under 4 bills NIB

Bought me one an I love it, seems accurate for a 2" out to 7 yards. I tried abuot 105 rounds and my hand didnt hurt at all. I did not notice the +p rounds either. Why you ask? It is SO light....

Good choice IMHO

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    Here you go... A carry revolver for a lumberjack! :ar15:

PIC-0164.jpg

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I recommend finding a revolver without a hammer for concealed carry.
    I have a Taurus CIA in .357 mag for a few years and it's a dream to shoot.

Taurus International Manufacturing Inc
    I got it for about $300.00 at the time.

I've put about 1000 rounds of .357 into it in the past 3 or so years and it's worked quite well. Easy to shoot but isn't very forgiving of bad technique. Tends to heat up the chamber and get stiff/stuck at times after about 40 or 50 rounds in a row. By that time, my hands are starting to sting so it gets to cool off naturally :P
    We all thought it was having a mechanical problem until we touched the metal. Ouch.

I'd wager other snub nosed .357's would do the same... anyone confirm?

You'll regret buying a revolver with a hammer if you put it in a IWB holster.

Get a good pocket holster and you're good to go.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Mooresville
    I have a model 85 Taurus that I got about 10 years ago. I got it because I wanted something inexpensive and reliable, and it has been very good to me, not that there is much that can go wrong. I have had no problems with it. At first, I just carried it in the car, and recently began to cc it. It was getting really heavy and bulky in the pocket, so I went and got a P3-AT last week to cc, and keep the 85 in the car.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    You may also want to consider, if you can find them, the 2 1/2" S&W K frames, the M19 or M66. You will find them used, but fortunately, unless you shoot magnums in them all of the time, they are usually good performers, and can stand +P rounds steadily.

The problem may be to find them. If you must have a J frame size, I like others in this thread suggest the Ruger SP 101. I prefer a heavier weapon, so to minimize recoil. Shooting a lightweight J frame in .357 is a knucklebuster.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Another vote for SP101....can shoot it forever with hot .357s and it won't have a problem. Only downside is that it's heavy for its size, which isn't altogether bad if you ARE shooting full bore .357 loads. Does just fine with .38 Special +P also, tho...

Top Bottom