• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Dec 4, 2010
    What can you recommend for me for a quality survival knife? I am not talking the Rambo knife, with the handle compartment, but heavy duty survival knife.

I do not do much outdoor/camping/backpacking, but I would like a nice full tang fixed blade knife for a bug out bag/combat knife.

I am looking to spend around $50 or so. I can go up a little, but I want to be reasonable. Thanks!

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Knife Lady hooked me up with an excellent Gerber LMF II for not much more than you are saying you want to spend. It's a great knife.

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    What can you recommend for me for a quality survival knife? I am not talking the Rambo knife, with the handle compartment, but heavy duty survival knife.

I do not do much outdoor/camping/backpacking, but I would like a nice full tang fixed blade knife for a bug out bag/combat knife.

I am looking to spend around $50 or so. I can go up a little, but I want to be reasonable. Thanks!

PM sent :D

pinshooter45

Master
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Besides the various folders I have my favorite is a Buck Lock blade, and twin fixed plade set from Buckmasters (westerns). I really thinks of my M16 bayonet as my sruvival knife. Pretty crappy when I picked it up at the 1500 a few years ago, but I sharpened it up real nice should do OK. Cheap too!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Picked me up a Glock entrenching tool, Kabar Warthog fixed blade knife and some miscellaneous hunting knife off ebay together as a package for $43.00.

Ebay is not an INGO advertiser. Please use some respect and post your on line purchases elsewhere.
    thank you.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I am a big fan of the USAF
    Its a simple no frills blade, kinda the USAF version of the USMC Ka-Bar.
    I'm no knife expert, but I'm a fan because of leather sheath, and stone, rough non slip nice grip, has proven durable.

"Ontario 499 Air Force Survival Knife"

air-force-survival-knife-21317435.jpg

dsol

Master
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Ebay is not an INGO advertiser. Please use some respect and post your on line purchases elsewhere.
    thank you.

Sorry about that. I missed what part of the forum the question was in. I was just bragging about the good deal, not trying to undermine you. I will pull that post.

Top Bottom