• churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think they are beautiful!.... I guess agree to disagree.:cheers:

I agree with you to just disagree......run what ya brung.
    I was raised from my first hand gun on 1911's. I grew up watching John Wayne and Audy Murphy kill Japs and German soldiers with them. At age 12 My uncle put a Colt in my hands. It was his Korean issue weapon. I still have it. Long history with them. I have a few plastic guns, all .45 ACP. They are straight and reliable shooters. We run the snot out of them just like the 1911's. Love all of
    but favor the old school.

Enjoy...........Now for those beers...............:cheers:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Many, including myself consider an adjustable sight a must on a target pistol. It is cheaper to buy one with an adjustable sight than to buy a plain one, buy a sight, send the sight and the slide to have it machined to accept the sight and ship it back.
    I have spent money on a few middle priced Springfields. They are a good value out of the box. Even better when you get a premium match barrel/bushing hand fit into the frame and slide. As long as you do not require a stainless pistol, the Range Officer model by Springfield is a great value, ready to reliably compete without a trip to the gunsmith. The early Kimbers were a great value but once they got popular the prices got salty in a hurry.

Last edited:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Many, including myself consider an adjustable sight a must on a target pistol.

Of course. It's not unheard of for an adjustable rear sight on a pistol to be referred to as a "target sight". This implies that the pistol would inherently be a target pistol, as opposed to a de-horned, fixed sight on a carry pistol.

Top Bottom