• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Got this guy a couple weeks ago. Just figured out how to post pics.

IMG_1952.jpg

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sure was. He outweighed me by about 50lbs on the hoof. I got him about 45 minutes south of Ft Sill along the Red river. Next weekend I will hopefully put a few more down. Gonna be trying a new bait mix...

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Nice pig but you left out some VERY important info. What kind of gun/optics/ammo? We got to know man!

Sorry about that! It was actually with a borrowed Savage 12BVSS in .308. The scope was a Millett Buck Gold 6-24x56 and the ammo was cheap white box winchester softpoints from about 10 years ago.

I actually shot him at night and was surprised with the light gathering of the Millett. I didn't have any problems making the shot with just the night illumination, although lights were available. 6-24 was a bit excessive but it was what was available.

I had to borrow the savage since the wind was blowing around 30mph and I didn't want to take a 50yd shot in that wind at night with my bow. Now of course my buddy has been blowing me s**t that I used a rifle (of course he only uses rifle). I have since bought a savage 110 in 7mm rem and am hoping to blood it this weekend.

mrdryoung

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Oh yea, they were 180grainer's also. Recovered the bullet and it actually retained most of its weight with nice expansion. He didn't even take a step.

Top Bottom