• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

A friend who isn't so familiar with the internet has asked my help to sell a few firearms and knives.

I will take some pics and post on INGO for him.

I collect the C&R stuff so I know what collectors look for there.

For hunting rifles what should I focus on? What will those interested in buying want to see?

He also has some higher end (as I understand it) knives he wishes to part with. What information would potential buyers be looking for in the post? Also, any special area of the knife that I should try to focus on in the pics?

What is the usual and customary way to value a knife? He knows what he paid for them 20 or 30 years ago but doesn't know how to put a fair value on them for today? I don't think these have been used, rather they were bought as a collectable and kept in a case. I could be wrong but that is what I am thinking.

He is a hunter who is trying to clean out some old firearms and other stuff that he isn't using anymore. He has given me five (5) black powder weapons in the past and the least I can do is help him with these. I just want to help the best I can.

Any input or other thoughts would be appreciated!

I will probably have these posted in the appropriate WTS section within a week.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Doug

g3man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    You just have to get as much detailed info about each piece as you can find on it and then research what the "real world values" are on each piece. Gunbroker is a great resource to look as long as for the used stuff you actually go in and find what people have actually bid or bought for. A lot of the people on there are smoking crack when it comes to there Buy It Now price or starting bid amount. See what the market actually says its worth. Knives are easy to research on eBay. Some knives will baffle you that they are worth so little and some surprise you how much they are worth. Original boxes, being unused and unsharpened are obviously big things collectors are looking for. Don't get to greedy with the prices based on your research. Good deals means quick cash. All depends on how much time and effort you can and want to put in it. Good luck. Will look for your thread.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    i suggest ebay completed auctions for an idea of value for the knives. if a knife like his has not been auctioned in the past 90 days its is most likely rare and im sure we can help you with id and value.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Get us some info as stated and I am sure someone will help you set a value. I have access to listings and current values but need more info. Would be glad to help.

CM

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sir, I forgot to mention, YOU have to have 50 QUALITY posts to use the classifieds..... Have YOU reached the PEAK of this mountain yet ?????

Wow....rough crowd...........:D

I am in the thousands and not sure you can find 50 of any real quality in the mess.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    SSGSAD,

Since you do not specify I would presume that 50 LOW quality posts would be adequate to the task as well as 50 HIGH quality posts???:dunno:

As long as they are "quality" of some kind...

:D

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Quality is perceived by those who are reading.

Did the info help you out??

CM

Churchmouse,

Yes Sir. It was good to know that his prices seem to be in the "fair and reasonable" ballpark.

I will do some last minute communications with him but I will probably have these up this weekend.

I guess I'll have to post one (1) advert in the "Long Guns" section and one (1) advert in the "knives" section.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Thank you and everyone for the help.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom