• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    I use an Oehler 35P for serious rifle work and a Shooting Chrony for quick pistol work.
    If I had to buy one now it would be a CED Millennium 2.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    On the cheap side of the scale, I'm happy with my Shooting Chrony F1. It doesn't do anything but show you velocity, none of the info that the fancier ones will, and if you want to have a record of the velocities you need to write them down with each shot. You are supposed to be able to buy upgrades a piece at a time, but I've not bothered. It is quick and easy to set up, ours ran about $100 at Cabellas a few years ago.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A friend advised me to get an inexpensive one as sooner or later you will hit it.:)

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i found that the ced m2 is a good comprimise between expensive and quality. its nice enough that it works great in all conditions and not so expensive to break the bank

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I know lots of folks combine shooting groups with doing their chrono work. I do not do this. I do the chrono work as it's own task, aiming for the upper, bigger area between the screens. I'm hoping this will keep me from blowing up my chrony, since that's where my concentration is.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I know lots of folks combine shooting groups with doing their chrono work. I do not do this. I do the chrono work as it's own task, aiming for the upper, bigger area between the screens. I'm hoping this will keep me from blowing up my chrony, since that's where my concentration is.

i try and do both. if i have a flier and it reads low or high on the chrono then i know thats why. ive never shot the actual lenses (expensive part) ive only shot the arms. wich defintally causes a flier

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I am looking at the competition electronics pro chrono on midway has good feed back and they sell extra arms.I will prob shoot groups at same time as chrono off bench.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    If I can, I try and set it up to shoot groups as well as get chrono data. I've got the midline Chrony, forge tthe model, but it will tell you velocity, high/low, average and extreme spread, then it'll go through every shot you've fired. I think it'll do up to a 20 shot string. No printer or anything, so you've got to write the info down. As for shooting teh arms on the screens, I've heard some folks will buy properly sized wood dowels so if they shoot one, it's cheaper to replace and the odds of the metal rod getting shot away and hurting the chronograph. I've also heard that Chrony has a big pile of shot up units. I'm guessing they replace them pretty regularly. I've used mine for everything from arrows to black powder to pistols and rifle loads. It's a handy thing to have when working up loads. I usually got for accuracy more than anything, but with hunting loads, it's nice to have a compromise between power and accuraccy.

Doug K

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    Buy the CED M2, great product and it's what most competitions use as their chrono equipment. And they support a lot of shooting sports out there with free product for the prize tables...

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like my Shooting Chrony!

Mine gives me all I need Hi, low Esxtreme spread 10 shots per strings 10 strings. If you just want a good basic entry level Chrony you cant beat them, and they fold up nice and compact. And you not out a lot of money if you shoot it! I've already nicked mine once. And you can get software and hook it up to a laptop. If you go to the reloading section you might be aqble to find the data I collected on My 5.56 match loads. My basic reason for buying the Chrony was to check the consistancy of my match loads.

Top Bottom