• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    So as I was just driving home from work and looking for blue porch lights (saw 5 from I-70) I though to myself "how awesome would it be if we could get the IPL building on monument circle on board?". I'll be emailing here shortly. It might be a long shot but who would have thought we could get 3K likes on Facebook in under 12 hrs? Its worth a shot.

It is worth a shot. Here is the contact page if anyone wants to contact them as well.

Contact Us | Indianapolis Power & Light Company

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    ingo_tbl_front.png

ingo_tbl_rear.png

ingo.png

Here are a few alternatives for those interested.

ingotblb.png

ingotblb1.jpg

ingotbllf.jpg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    AHH HMM ! For those of us who might be technologically impaired :n00b: :whistle:, how do I make this happen ?

I know I go to the user cp and edit avatar but from there what do I need to do ?

I tried to copy and paste from Fen's post but I guess it doesn't work like that .

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    AHH HMM ! For those of us who might be technologically impaired :n00b: :whistle:, how do I make this happen ?

I know I go to the user cp and edit avatar but from there what do I need to do ?

I tried to copy and paste from Fen's post but I guess it doesn't work like that .

User CP > Edit Avatar > Use Custom Avatar >

From here you can do it 2 ways.

1- Use URL. If you want the one that Fenway posted then use this URL http://s15.postimg.org/4uqt9igef/bluelight.jpg

2- Upload image. You can simply right click and 'save image as' and then upload from your computer.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Go to Fen's post and Save image as... Drop it into your downloads. Then go to the user CP and select it and save.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I emailed IPL this morning. Here is what I wrote.

To whom it may concern;
    I am part of a group that you may have heard about recently. We decided to stand together in support of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department during this time of great loss and grief to show that we, the citizens of Indianapolis are behind them 100%. You may have heard on the news or radio about the group that was started called "Indy Going Blue for IMPD". The premise is simple: We as a group are encouraging people to replace their porch lights with blue bulbs so that as the men and women in uniform are out and about on the streets they can get constant visual reminders that they are not forgotten, and that we appreciate the things they do and sacrifices they make for us as citizens of this great city. We want them to know constantly that the city of Indianapolis is with them and we are grieving as a community.
    We thought that it would be an incredible show of community togetherness if we could get IPL in on this tremendous show of support for these men and women who serve all of us living in this community. I would like to propose to IPL that the windows of the IPL power building on monument circle be lit blue in support of Indy's finest. I am aware that this may be a long shot but it is something we as a group are passionate about, and I know that would be a huge visual show of support that many of our officers would see nightly. I appreciate you taking the time to read this message and I would like to thank you for being a part of our great community. Here is a link to our Facebook page in case you haven't read about, or saw this group on the news yet.
    (https://m.facebook.com/pages/Indy-Going-Blue-for-IMPD/667148463378613?_rdr).
    Thank you once again for your time.
    Sincerely,
    My name

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Nothing wrong with those of us up north to show our support, right? (I just had to be different with the avatar, sorry.) :)

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Just spoke to Marisela Burgos from Fox 59, they are going to run a story about Going Blue for IMPD at 4:00 and 5:30 today.

So glad to have help getting the message of support out there. Would love to know that every officer knew that the blue lights are for them. Thanks for spreading the word INGO!!!

Top Bottom