GOA: Push will be for registration, UBC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    went back a couple days and didn't see this, hope not a dupe:

Defeat Every Word of Gun Control! - Gun Owners of America

Within the next three weeks, we expect Senator Patrick Leahy's Senate Judiciary Committee will move a national gun registry bill to the Senate floor.
    Anyway, here's Harry Reid's strategy: He has at least eleven Democratic senators running for reelection in pro-gun states in 2014 -- and they don't want to SEEM anti-gun. ...

All of these Democrats will vote for the national gun registry and gun licensure. And, in exchange, Reid will allow them to vote against the Feinstein gun ban, which will be the sacrificial lamb to the more important gun control which Democrats really want.

-rvb

BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Time to send another round of letters. I hope I see some changes in the wording of some the form letters that I have received.

Let's keep the pressure on INGO the fight is not over!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Except Reid himself wont support an AWB, so Im not sure why he would "allow" them to not vote for it, when he likely wont vote for him. Remember, Harry Reid is from a fairly pro-gun area (Nevada), and while he may not be the most friendly to the 2A, I wouldnt exactly say he is an enemy.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Hope is a nasty thing to hold on to concerning this gun control crap. Its here, they are going to do everything necessary to get it done, there will be a registry, there will be more laws, they will eventually get a ban. Does writing letters and calling even work at all? With health care, we wrote, we called, we wrote more and called more, the switchboards were jammed, and it still happened, this gov't doesnt care what the people want. I've lost all faith in our gov't to do anything right for the people. Its just so sad

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    We are pretty much guaranteed that something will come to the floor. If Donnelly votes aye for any type of gun legislation, is there any legal recourse? Any type of a recall in Indiana?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I do not believe that Indiana has a recall.

Guess we will have to resort to other methods, since we are stuck with him. As I have said before, our representatives in Washington are useless. We need to be giving our view to our state government. The Governor, Attorney General, our Assembly. If our state leadership will stand up and not comply with illegal or unjust laws, that allows more latitude in our options as a free people. If they don't, we are screwed.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Let's just make their laws unenforceable. What are they going to do, arrest 30 million well armed and very angry people? Just ignore registry, background checks, mag bans, transfer bans. Ignore it all. Many of the LEOs and military men would be on our side anyways.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Except Reid himself wont support an AWB, so Im not sure why he would "allow" them to not vote for it, when he likely wont vote for him. Remember, Harry Reid is from a fairly pro-gun area (Nevada), and while he may not be the most friendly to the 2A, I wouldnt exactly say he is an enemy.

He is also not running for re-election so he has nothing to lose.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I agree that Congress will work for a win win solution. The pro gun folks will be able to say they supported the bill with the least regulations. The anti gun folks will say they were able to pass regulations. The Senator from indiana got a lot of money and support from democrates to win the election. I am concerned how he will vote....

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    We can have UBC when SBR's, suppressors, automatic rifles, and so on are not under NFA. I like the sound of that. No registration of any kind though.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Time to send another round of letters. I hope I see some changes in the wording of some the form letters that I have received.

Let's keep the pressure on INGO the fight is not over!

Yes!! I'm with ya 100%!!! Keep pumping out letters, e-mails, phone calls, whatever you like. Don't let them forget we still follow the Constitution.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I agree that Congress will work for a win win solution. The pro gun folks will be able to say they supported the bill with the least regulations. The anti gun folks will say they were able to pass regulations. The Senator from indiana got a lot of money and support from democrates to win the election. I am concerned how he will vote....

I keep reminding that Senator that he did not recieve the majority vote and that if he votes Aye on any firearms regulation, he will never win another statewide election.

Top Bottom