• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    :dunno::nailbite:I have a thread out about trading my G27 for the full size G22. But I'm starting to second guess my self. Do I want to lose my concealment for more rounds and better control? I know that in IN you don't have to conceal your gun but I'm not the type that walks into a place showing the world that I'm packing. But on the other hand I think I would feel more confident in have a bigger gun to handle. What's your advice? I'm still just a novice in this world so am I juggling this to much? Is there an obivous answer for me? :dunno:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Sounds like you need a G23? A bit more concealable than the G22 but more controllable than the G27. Plus 4 more rounds. What's not to like?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Why not keep the G27 and buy a G22/G23 or any other Glock it's not like you can have too many or that they go out of style.
    As far as having more rounds I think you'll find in most shootings 3-4 rounds are fired.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would get the extra grip floor plate for your compact mag. That gives you better control on the sub compact, without loosing the concealment.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Sell them all, and buy a Sig.....

Ok I'm kidding. I do second the idea of the Glock 19, or whatever the equivalent is for your chosen caliber. That's roughly the size of my HK P30, which is easy to carry with a good belt and holster. It's also very easy to shoot well. The sub compacts are nice for carrying a little bit smaller gun but they don't inspire a lot of confidence in me as the shooter. Of course that's all psychological I'm sure. I know I've got problems. ;)

Tim-g19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Charlestown
    I Carry a g19 or a g26 with multiple g19 extra mags. A subcompact glock will outshoot 95% of the shooters shooting it. It is a very accurate and controllable platform. Try +0 finger extensions or just practice more and find what works best for you.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Get a G19 and call it done.

With modern bullet technology there is no reason to go with a .40cal, and since 9mm practice ammo is cheaper you will practice more frequently.

YMMV

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    i have to go with big craig, w9zeb and shay on this one. the G19 might be your answer. i carry a G17 more than the G19 (the 19 pinches my chubby hand when i reload if i use g19 mags) but the shorter grip makes in easier to conceal while being plenty long enough for most to get a full firing grip. imho

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I carry a Beretta 92FS and no one knows it's there. I prefer control, and I am much better with full size handguns than with any of the compacts.

I kind of think there's a reason along those lines that police and military carry full size handguns instead of compacts.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I carry a Beretta 92FS and no one knows it's there. I prefer control, and I am much better with full size handguns than with any of the compacts.

I kind of think there's a reason along those lines that police and military carry full size handguns instead of compacts.

I'm sure part of the reason is "Concealment" doesn't even kind of register on the list of requirements.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Well, I can conceal a 92FS just fine, so I guess that's a moot point for me.

I wasn't talking about you specifically.

You had just made the comment that LEOs, and the Military primarily use full sized guns. I was just stating that primarily, neither of those roles requires a lot of concealment. That's all. That was not an attack. Honest.:cheers:

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I knew it wasn't an attack. I've just never seen the big deal about needing a smaller handgun for concealment, unless you're jogging in very hot weather or something. I don't see how concealment is an issue with a gun the size of a 92FS if you're usign a good holster.
    That's all.....

Top Bottom