Avon

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I have grown up a Chicago fan. Cubs, Bears, Bulls. I gave up on the Bulls after Jordan's second retirement. Was able to enjoy the Bears Super Bowl Shuffle, and now hoping to see the Cubs do their dance. My brother is a Cradinal fan so as kids our vactions were to either Chicago or St Louis to watch games.
    "Go Cubs go, go Cubs go. Hey Chicago, what do you say, the Cubs are going to win today!"

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Lifelong Cubs fan. Remember watching the first playoff series (for me) in '84, again in '89, with my Granny. One thing I remember about her was that she always had the Cubs game on the radio (at least it seemed that way) when we'd go there.

The Bartman playoffs almost killed me. I think I was in a funk for a year after that. LOL

Junior began watching the Cubs with me during the playoffs last year. I rarely watch regular season games - just don't have the time - but enjoy the playoffs. He learned about disappointment after the Mets whopped them.

Took Junior to his first Cubs game 2 weeks ago - friend/vendor got me his company seats 1st row behind the Cubs dugout at the final series against the Reds. He's been on fall break this week so we've watched every game - even the Game 3 loss. Getting up the next morning after staying up until 3am was a real biatch for me - he got to sleep in until 11am. Game 4's comeback last night had me up again, but I wasn't gonna miss a second - and I'm glad I saw the big 9th inning.

Too many variables to say they've got it, even with their record and strengths, but it's gonna be another fun series to watch.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Lifelong Cubs fan. Remember watching the first playoff series (for me) in '84, again in '89, with my Granny. One thing I remember about her was that she always had the Cubs game on the radio (at least it seemed that way) when we'd go there.

The Bartman playoffs almost killed me. I think I was in a funk for a year after that. LOL

Junior began watching the Cubs with me during the playoffs last year. I rarely watch regular season games - just don't have the time - but enjoy the playoffs. He learned about disappointment after the Mets whopped them.

Took Junior to his first Cubs game 2 weeks ago - friend/vendor got me his company seats 1st row behind the Cubs dugout at the final series against the Reds. He's been on fall break this week so we've watched every game - even the Game 3 loss. Getting up the next morning after staying up until 3am was a real biatch for me - he got to sleep in until 11am. Game 4's comeback last night had me up again, but I wasn't gonna miss a second - and I'm glad I saw the big 9th inning.

Too many variables to say they've got it, even with their record and strengths, but it's gonna be another fun series to watch.

Cubs fans always seem to find some hope.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I'm surprised there's no Cubs thread on here, but maybe it's buried in the NWI update thread.

Honestly I don't care about baseball but I love seeing the Cubs fans go nuts when they win or lose. Tonight was a good comeback win.

does INGO support the Cubs finally winning? :):
    Do you really have to ask? Of course we're all Cubbies fans.
    Not a Cubs fan but part of me wants to see them win it all. Another part keeps saying, "Three-Finger Brown ain't walkin through that door..." Yet another part keeps waiting to see Steve Bartman show up in a Bull Durham jersey with a goat and a black cat.
    If Bartman shows up, I guarantee he won't walk out of there. Maybe a stretcher, definitely not legs.
    Wait till next year.
    Always next year. Is it next year yet?
    It's the Cubbies. If history has shown me anything it's the Cubs can screw the pooch.
    I hope they get the job done but I can't hold my breath.
    There was no pooch, just a goat. We didn't screw the goat, but you get the point. If you can't hold your breath, you should consider talking to a doctor.
    Who is this old looking guy? A ghostbuster?
    Hopefully he's a goatbuster.
    Cubs fans always seem to find some hope.
    It's all we have these days. :(

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    This is the first time in my life that I'm actually pulling for the Cubs....I'm a Cardinal fan, but the Cub fans have suffered enough.

Note: I have family in the Chicago area that are die hard Cubs fans. No more excuses, No more curses as an excuse, No more "wait until next year". My only concern is, if the Cubs do win it all this year, the level of obnoxiousness might not be tolerable. :):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom