• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Now I can go back to not watching baseball for another 108 years. Saddens me that my grandma couldn't see this.... As a young girl growing up in Chicago, she told stories about traveling to Wrigley to see if the W flag was flying. We still have her response letter from Ernie Banks after she wrote to him saying how much she loved him. Sure it's not an actual signature, but it meant a lot to her.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Now I can go back to not watching baseball for another 108 years. Saddens me that my grandma couldn't see this.... As a young girl growing up in Chicago, she told stories about traveling to Wrigley to see if the W flag was flying. We still have her response letter from Ernie Banks after she wrote to him saying how much she loved him. Sure it's not an actual signature, but it meant a lot to her.

I was an Ernie Banks fan growing up. I played SS and I have an autographed glove and bat he signed for me. I loved his play, Luis Aparicio was awesome at short, and then the Wizard of Ozzie was next for me.
    Growing up I was a fan of the White Sox, Bears, and Cardinals. I did go to a few Cubs games in Chicago and got to sit with the bums. I have an appreciation for the Cubs fans. I know of no other fans as loyal, cynical, and hopeful.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Watched the whole thing. Had to take a Norco anyway before bed, and that helped me get right to sleep.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Only ball game I've watched the end of in a really long time. Baseball generally sux. But it was worth it last night. Congratulations to those men, young and old, who were directly involved.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    As soon as I can find one of them, going to put this over my grandfather's grave.
    chicago_cubs_win_w_logo_garden_flag_93197sma.jpg
    One of my best memories is the the day he took me to see the Cubs play in 1984.
    Thanks Paw Paw for making me a Cubs fan.
    So this is what it feels like not to suck...
    Wonderful experience.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    has anyone heard of a 50% off promo code for the cubs winning? i gave a ride yesterday to a guy who said PJ is running a half off deal for the cubs, but he didn't know what the code was... its like the COLTS50 code that gives half off the day after a colts win.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    As soon as I can find one of them, going to put this over my grandfather's grave.
    View attachment 50966
    One of my best memories is the the day he took me to see the Cubs play in 1984.
    Thanks Paw Paw for making me a Cubs fan.
    So this is what it feels like not to suck...
    Wonderful experience.

yeah, i bet sucking so much for this long really left a bad taste in the mouth of many cubs fans.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm no baseball fan but I'm glad they won. We watched a bit of the first 2-3 innings but I have to work today and need for sleep won out. :)

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    r2XfyDe.jpg

We had a ton of fireworks go off around us last night, and I slept through them all and the sirens that followed. When my wife asked me how I slept through all the racket I reminded her of where I grew up :D

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It was truly an awesome game. I went to bed when tarp came out. Watched highlights this morning. Shed a tear thinking about listening to Harry Carey as a kid. I wasn't a Cubs fan...but he was the voice of MLB as a child in the 80s

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    yeah, i bet sucking so much for this long really left a bad taste in the mouth of many cubs fans.

Let's be clear- they didn't suck for 108 years. Like all franchises, they had good teams and bad teams, they just couldn't put it together for a championship run.

The most frustrating part was seeing really good teams just miss the playoffs, or get eliminated early.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom