• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I (and several K of my dollars) have more than "set foot" on campus, and I make no secret of the fact that I always have been, am, and always will be, an IU basketball fan and a Notre Dame football fan. That is as it was meant to be. You can look it up in Saint Paul's second letter to the NCAA (which is one of the lesser known books of the Apocrypha). :D
    Well at least you own being reversible jacket fan.

People can say whatever they want about Purdue, but their fans are TRUE fans. They are Boilermakers through the good, the bad, and in ALL sports.

Most Purdue fans I know have some affiliation with the school other than just living in the same state.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    that's awesome, some of us chose to serve our country instead of paying a university. Doesn't make me any less of an IU basketball fan.

While I appreciate your service, I am not really sure why it is relevant to this discussion.

I never said that you have to be an alum to be a true fan. There are MANY IU fans on here that love IU and in all sports.

All I meant is you typically find that most Purdue fans have an affiliation with the schools somehow, I never said that Purdue fans are better than IU fans.

True IU fans are awesome too. Follow your team totally, in everything. That imo is what a true fan is. The school is irrelevant. I have a buddy that likes UNC in bball but ND in fball, thats just picking two historically good teams in diff sports and saying they are your teams. How hard is that?

Last edited:

LoneWolf2554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    NWI
    No matter who you root for Hummel is a class act. It would have been exciting to see what would have happened if hadn't gotten injured while they had JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore on the team.

The funny thing is that Purdue found Hummel when they were scouting his high school teammate Scott Martin. Who would have thought that he would become one of the top players in program history. Can any ND fans tell us how Martin is doing?

Anyone think Robbie will get drafted?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    While I appreciate your service, I am not really sure why it is relevant to this discussion.

I never said that you have to be an alum to be a true fan. There are MANY IU fans on here that love IU and in all sports.

gotcha, I hear a lot of the times that you can't really be a fan of a team if you didn't go to school there. I guarantee I know more about IU bball than any of the students there. ;)

college wasn't an option for me until late in life, but I love me some college hoops.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The funny thing is that Purdue found Hummel when they were scouting his high school teammate Scott Martin. Who would have thought that he would become one of the top players in program history. Can any ND fans tell us how Martin is doing?

Anyone think Robbie will get drafted?
    Had Martin not turned out to be a douchebag, and stayed at PU, the Boilers would have been tough to beat. He showed good signs early on, but his attitude took him out of the loop before he had a chance to get better, the transfer just screwed the rest of his college career.:twocents:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    No matter who you root for Hummel is a class act. It would have been exciting to see what would have happened if hadn't gotten injured while they had JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore on the team.

Exactly! I've known Hummel since preschool and grew up less than a block away from him. He is a GREAT guy! He never let his "fame" get to his head or ever considered himself better than anyone else. Definitely an all around class act. I really would have liked to see PU make it farther, being Hummel's last year, but they had a heck of a run!

Had Martin not turned out to be a douchebag, and stayed at PU, the Boilers would have been tough to beat. He showed good signs early on, but his attitude took him out of the loop before he had a chance to get better, the transfer just screwed the rest of his college career.:twocents:

Whoa, let's take it easy there. Although I wasn't happy about Scott's decision, by no means do I think he's a "douchebag". I love when people make judgements about others, but have absolutely no insight on what the person they're judging is really like. I happened to graduate high school with Scott and have always known him to be a great guy. Unless you "personally" know Scott better than I, please, show some respect. :twocents:

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whoa, let's take it easy there. Although I wasn't happy about Scott's decision, by no means do I think he's a "douchebag". I love when people make judgements about others, but have absolutely no insight on what the person they're judging is really like. I happened to graduate high school with Scott and have always known him to be a great guy. Unless you "personally" know Scott better than I, please, show some respect. :twocents:
    Ok, here is your opportunity to convince me otherwise. Im open minded enough change my point of view on the subject.
    Why was his decision to transfer the right thing to do?
    If he said, "Hey I'm sorry, I commited to play ball at Purdue, and you passed up recruiting and signing other talented players for me. I would honor that commitment to the fullest, but my (insert family member here) is dieing, and I have to go back home to work to help pay bills and take care of them...blah blah blah" then I would say, I'm wrong, thats clearly the right thing to do.
    However, if its, "I'm homesick and want to quit to go back" and then end up not going back home, but rather transfer to Notre Dame because he thought he would be on a better team. Then you can keepyour personal opinion, and I will keep mine....:cool:

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    But shouldn't you be more of a Army, Navy, or Air Force fan?:D

Officers that went there were the only ones who cared about that. The Army-Navy game was a big deal only those who went to West Point and the Naval Academy

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Officers that went there were the only ones who cared about that. The Army-Navy game was a big deal only those who went to West Point and the Naval Academy

My late father who served a hitch in the Navy and Marines loved the Army/Navy game. He was never an officer nor did he attend the academy. He felt great pride in the service he did for our country and apparantly disliked the Army. To him, it was the biggest game of the year.

Top Bottom