• greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    n1433850197_30066321_6750.jpg

silvytundra1uz6.jpg

I didn't write the captions, I'm just passing along the visual for your own evaluation but it appears to me when you absolutely, with out a doubt have to get a load of crap to the next destination on time, with out hesitation, it looks to me like Toyota racing turns to a Chevy Silverado to do their heavy lifting.
    To be fair, does the Tundra even come in a Dually platform?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I still shout buy American
    They may be made here ( Toyota,Hyndai ,Honda ) the profits are still going overseas to the home of these makers
    we are selling ourselves out in this Country BIG TIME
    If another world war happens we are in deep Sh-t
    Hummer maker of Army Vehicles owned by Chinese Company
    Fighter Jet parts made in Japan
    Military handgun( Beretta ) owned by Italian Company
    Not to mention other military used componets made by foregin owned companies

So the profits are going overseas, so what? The profits are going back into the company, building plants (here and elsewhere), upgrading tooling, providing insurance, 401k, and saleries. The people working in the plants here directly benefit from those corporate profits when they get their paycheck. Suppliers directly benefit when 80% of the parts are American. Workers pay income taxes, buy meals at local retstruants, get a car, appliance, or computer fixed at a local shop, etc...

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I'll buy something MADE here in the GREAT U.S. OF A anyday before I buy anything that has parts made in Mexico or assembled in Canada. Like my last GMC Sonoma was.

Honda/Toyota/Subaru aren't taking out tax dollars, produce a superior product, and GIVE US POOR AMERICANS JOBS!

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    To be fair? Give me a break!!
    Toyota pushes their Tundra like it will pull a mountain but for those that actually know something they buy a diesel equipped 3/4 ton or full ton pickup from Dodge, Chevy or Ford
    I thought that it was a little misleading to compare an, obviously, very heavy trailer that must have a dually to pull it, especially since Toyota does not make a dually. That is all I was saying.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    To me, who gives a crap about the "Profits"? Name the last time GM, Ford, Chrysler gave you a rebate check for the car you bought from them? I have always bought GM over the years and have been rewarded, year after year, with seeing the domestic parts content of my car or truck dropping. My last one was assembled in CANADA with 30% USA parts! Compare that to my neighbors brand new Honda that is assembled in Ohio with 80% American parts. Hmmmm. Let me think about this.

BUY AMERICAN means look for what is supporting AMERICAN JOBS. You have never been a recipient of corporate profits but you do profit from American assembly and content.
    I have to agree with this. Honda- made in Ohio. Toyota- made in Indiana Subaru also has a factory in this state. My Chevy truck was built in Canada, and I was really hoping it was made here in Fort Wayne. At least i know when I buy tires what to look for so I can get some that were made in the factory I work in.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    To be fair, does the Tundra even come in a Dually platform?
    I don't know. Does Tonka?

All that picture tells me is when Toyota racing needs a real truck to do real work, do it regularly and reliably, they don't use a Toyota. Toyota racing depends on and runs on Chevy trucks.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I don't know. Does Tonka?

All that picture tells me is when Toyota racing needs a real truck to do real work, do it regularly and reliably, they don't use a Toyota. Toyota racing depends on and runs on Chevy trucks.

No one is arguing that GMC and Ford do not make the best HD trucks in the world. THEY DO. I just thought this was kind of a specious arguement considering Toyota does not make a diesel dually. You could just as easily say (Ha, ha; Kia doesn't have a truck to pull that HUGE trailer....)

I'm just sayin'....:)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    No one is arguing that GMC and Ford do not make the best HD trucks in the world. THEY DO. I just thought this was kind of a specious arguement considering Toyota does not make a diesel dually. You could just as easily say (Ha, ha; Kia doesn't have a truck to pull that HUGE trailer....)

I'm just sayin'....:)

Yep, I don't see any thing other than factual about it though. Chevy trucks do jobs, Toyotas go to the mall.

Top Bottom