• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I got these Mechanix gloves from an INGO member years ago. I still wear them, they're great.
    Glock-Insulated-Original-Covert-Gloves-Mechanix-Wear-Tactical.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I wear nitrile gloves for a lot of work; cleaning guns, working on mechanical stuff, even mixing concrete. I also wear work gloves(usually the leather type) for construction type work.

I bought these for shooting: https://www.uspatriottactical.com/o...K1Zn4t1Xj0KmN6CLR0h_LsEAAolmKJSsaAnZiEALw_wcB

I have worn them a few times but I don't feel as connected to the pistol so I usually go without. I do have an insulated undershirt with thumbholes that I tried yesterday at the range. They actually worked decent. Kept the cold from blowing up my sleeve and provide some coverage of my hands without interfering with my finger dexterity.

And I borrow my wife's hand warmers and when I'm walking back from setting targets I stick my hands in my pockets to warm them up. I'll toss them on for loading mags also.

But if you are thinking about wearing gloves not to be warm, but just because, I have nothing to offer. I wouldn't wear gloves if I didn't want some protection from cold temps.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wear nitrile gloves for a lot of work; cleaning guns, working on mechanical stuff, even mixing concrete. I also wear work gloves(usually the leather type) for construction type work.

I bought these for shooting: https://www.uspatriottactical.com/o...K1Zn4t1Xj0KmN6CLR0h_LsEAAolmKJSsaAnZiEALw_wcB

I have worn them a few times but I don't feel as connected to the pistol so I usually go without. I do have an insulated undershirt with thumbholes that I tried yesterday at the range. They actually worked decent. Kept the cold from blowing up my sleeve and provide some coverage of my hands without interfering with my finger dexterity.

And I borrow my wife's hand warmers and when I'm walking back from setting targets I stick my hands in my pockets to warm them up. I'll toss them on for loading mags also.

But if you are thinking about wearing gloves not to be warm, but just because, I have nothing to offer. I wouldn't wear gloves if I didn't want some protection from cold temps.

Agreed. I wear gloves occasionally when I'm at the range, because I occasionally wear gloves when I'm doing other things outside in Winter. As stated the gloves I wear are not the best winter wear, but they are the same ones I wear when outside in Winter. They mostly are for protection from abrasion, etc and for being in contact with cold metal (not just guns) and other items in cold weather.

It's one of those things of wear and train what you normally wear in Winter. If your training with your gun and those gloves doesn't work when manipulating pistol/shooting, look for a different pair of gloves, and come up with something that works for both the shooting and non shooting activities. I admit, mine are a compromise.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Agreed. I wear gloves occasionally when I'm at the range, because I occasionally wear gloves when I'm doing other things outside in Winter. As stated the gloves I wear are not the best winter wear, but they are the same ones I wear when outside in Winter. They mostly are for protection from abrasion, etc and for being in contact with cold metal (not just guns) and other items in cold weather.

It's one of those things of wear and train what you normally wear in Winter. If your training with your gun and those gloves doesn't work when manipulating pistol/shooting, look for a different pair of gloves, and come up with something that works for both the shooting and non shooting activities. I admit, mine are a compromise.
    I've been looking at the suggestions. I see some Mechanix gloves that might work, but I need to find a place that has several of the styles to test fit. They seem to be bulky in the fingers.
    I looked at some of the batting gloves, and those look less bulky in the fingers, and have a smoother seam.
    I might just see if I can find some of the Mechanix gloves, and start with removing the index finger, and possibly just make them fingerless. I'm going to do some searching, and see if I can find a place close by, to try some on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've been looking at the suggestions. I see some Mechanix gloves that might work, but I need to find a place that has several of the styles to test fit. They seem to be bulky in the fingers.
    I looked at some of the batting gloves, and those look less bulky in the fingers, and have a smoother seam.
    I might just see if I can find some of the Mechanix gloves, and start with removing the index finger, and possibly just make them fingerless. I'm going to do some searching, and see if I can find a place close by, to try some on.
    I just realized that the gloves I posted, I returned. I'll check at home tonight on what I bought and post them up. They aren't as bulky as the MechanixWear gloves I use for other work.

I can shoot with the ones I have. I just choose not to for reasons mentioned in my last post.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    I have a pair of Allens shooting gloves, think they were intended for shotgun use. I like them on colder days at the range. Also have used "mechanics" type gloves. Just have to find what fits best and works for you. I have smaller hands so fit can be a challenge. If I plan on shooting lots of 357 magnum loads, sometimes I wear a padded fingerless "leather" shooting glove. Has some padding in palm of hand. They are also decent on the motorcycle, padding is nice on longer rides.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I shoot with a pair of SKD Tactical FDT Alpha gloves in all weather conditions, indoor and outdoor. They improve my grip, eliminate abrasion and increase overall comfort. They fit slim with no bulk and I have never perceived that they interfere with manipulating the trigger or other controls.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Wal-Mart, O'Reilly, and the like usually have a few models & sizes in stock.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    Wal-Mart, O'Reilly, and the like usually have a few models & sizes in stock.
    I avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible. I did find that Lowe's has several styles in stock. The website shows a pair of Kobalt, but they aren't available. I might make a trip in just to try a few pairs on.

Do you think they would frown if I un-holstered my EDC? You know, to see if I drop it with the gloves on.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I avoid Wal-Mart as much as possible. I did find that Lowe's has several styles in stock. The website shows a pair of Kobalt, but they aren't available. I might make a trip in just to try a few pairs on.

Do you think they would frown if I un-holstered my EDC? You know, to see if I drop it with the gloves on.
    Lp, those gloves I listed are what I have. I returned the size large which is what I usually wear for XL. Apparently they run small.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Try it, and make sure to film it on INGO live for us.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The gloves are nice and warm but hard to hold onto a handgun. Do not recommend them at all for shooting gloves. I do recommend them for warmth though.
    There are some waterproof but dexterity type of gloves out there for fishing, that allow for knot tying, etc. Maybe something like that would be more what you are looking for. I should get myself some for fishing when it's colder.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom