• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Funny I caught this thread because I just got to fondle one today. I really liked the angle on the grip along with the deeper groove (compared to Glock) in the back for your thumb. I also agree that the sights are slick too, should be pretty easy to pick up in a hurry. I am thinking now it might be on the list of "to gets".

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Funny I caught this thread because I just got to fondle one today. I really liked the angle on the grip along with the deeper groove (compared to Glock) in the back for your thumb. I also agree that the sights are slick too, should be pretty easy to pick up in a hurry. I am thinking now it might be on the list of "to gets".
    Oh yeah? Where did you see it? At a gun store?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yes, the sights, while being relatively unconventional, are basically just a modification of the standard "3 post" or "3 dot" design. They've just changed the shape a little.

They're big and easy to acquire.

And if they're still not your thing or you want night sights, you can get aftermarket sights that'll fit the dovetails.

-J-

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I love those Steyrs. I wish I never sold mine :( It was one of the original models in 40.
    Great guns, built like a tank. None of the chintzy metal tab embedded in plastic nonsense, but a real honest to goodness solid steel subframe.

There have been rumors of a full size Steyr coming out at some point. I'd be on that like a starving fat kid on a cupcake.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I love those Steyrs. I wish I never sold mine :( It was one of the original models in 40.
    Great guns, built like a tank. None of the chintzy metal tab embedded in plastic nonsense, but a real honest to goodness solid steel subframe.

There have been rumors of a full size Steyr coming out at some point. I'd be on that like a starving fat kid on a cupcake.

Yes, big time rumors coming out of Alabama... A new line of firearms, including a .45ACP version.

Don't know their "size", though.

Top Bottom