• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    My question is why do I see so many Glocks for sale? I am not a Glock person, all though I have owned a few, of which I sold them about as fast as I purchased them. They are just not for me. I don't want this to be a anti Glock post, as there must be something to them with so many owners, but it seems to me that more and more are up for sale. More than any other type of firearm. Or am I just seeing things??
    I'm sure you can see the different posts of firearms for sale and see what I see. Any one have any idea? And yes, I carry and own 1911's. More than one, more than 10, more than 20. I will not burn the Glocks as they are a great firearm but why do so many guys and dolls have them up for sale or trade?
    Let the Glock owners give me some feed back. And the 1911's are not the only firearms I own. I would add that 98% of my firearms are .45's............Thanks members

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mine won't ever be up for sale. None of them. I've gotten rid of 4 other brands. I'm an admitted Glockaholic. Guess they're not for everyone.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I am kinda interested to know my self, there are so many out there on the market now that there is no way in hell I would pay more than $300-$350 for a used one.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Common gun with high production numbers means there will be more for sale. You even said it " they are not for me". There are also flippers going on right now that are not helping anything.

Keep an eye on classifieds and the 1911 goes through it in spurts also. Mostly because they are so popular. I understand Glocks aren't for you, I feel the same about the XDs. It's just not "right" and probably never will be. Sorta like a 1911 with thin grips doesn't feel good, but a 1911 with fatter grips feels "right". One of the reasons why it's so great, we each have different likes and dislikes.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    one week its glocks one week its M&P one week its CZs one week its 1911's things run in phases

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    one week its glocks one week its M&P one week its CZs one week its 1911's things run in phases

I just thought of a market strategy. If we can track when a manufacturer is being sold, then put up a gun for sale when it is an off week, we could increase profits a bit. I love my Glocks. Imagine someone who sees all of the excited Glock owners and decides to buy one, takes it shooting, and hates it. Now they have a used gun. With hopes of selling it, they come to INGO to find trustworthy individuals. Post their 50 posts or buy in, put the gun up for sale, and hope to recover most of their money back. Problem is, now we are flooded with Glocks this week or month. People wanting to buy a Glock see so many, they look for the cheapest, now this is not helping out the person who decided a Glock is not for them. Having to take a $200 hit on a gun just to find out that they don't like it. I could see the benefit of tracking classifieds. I have a CZ that I will probably get rid of someday. Hopefully, I don't choose the CZ time of the year to sell it.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    I thought it was because everybody was bored with their fancy sights and that spring they changed. So now it's time to try and get way more than it's worth on the INGO classifieds!

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I am kinda interested to know my self, there are so many out there on the market now that there is no way in hell I would pay more than $300-$350 for a used one.

:rolleyes:

Prolly won't be buy'n any,then......hahahaha!....:):

(any Gen 3 / Gen 4 ........425-500's a decent deal......up ta 550 if it got 'stuff' with it.......ammo,mags,etc, etc.......and ain't just had the live'n sh*t run out'a of it.......:twocents:)

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    I asked that question a long time ago, and people just got mad at me for bashing Glocks. I wasn't bashing them, just wanted to know why so many used Glocks for sale when everyone says they are the greatest.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    In the next few months I would wager to say you will see a lot of AR-15s for sales to. Many will be NIB. Why because people go buy some then need the money or well I didnt use it so I could do this...

Case in point. Friend of mine (NOT A GUN GUY but a hunter has a few guns but not Gun nut or anything) says I want a pistol. I said for what? he answered to carry.. I said ok a Glock 26 is a great start. ammo cost is not that of other calibers. etc. He goes and looks at them checks out my 22 23 and 27 and determines the 26 is the way to go. On the way to pick it up he says well I guess if I don't like it or want to do something else I can always sell it right? Few weeks go by and he calls me and asks if it would be a fair trade for the 26 for a SW MP 15-22... IMO no he said ok. I have no idea if he still has it or nor do I really care but my point with this story is, you have non-gun nuts or non gun addicts like us on a forum buy something and then not use it or find something else out there and bam its on the used market.. PS Im done giving gun advise to my non gun friends because they take the words of the "less experienced" over mine.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    :rolleyes:

Prolly won't be buy'n any,then......hahahaha!....:):

(any Gen 3 / Gen 4 ........425-500's a decent deal......up ta 550 if it got 'stuff' with it.......ammo,mags,etc, etc.......and ain't just had the live'n sh*t run out'a of it.......:twocents:)

$350 is my max on a used run of the mill glock with no extras or accessories. Of course condition is everything, I also have the same rule for 1911's I like the style but in the end all it has to do is function well (just bought a decent American Tactical M1911 for $350). Anyways I can usually find glocks under the $500 mark pretty easily. Plus why would I pay almost retail for a used gun when there's so many out there to choose from. All it takes is a little extra searching.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    My question is why do I see so many Glocks for sale? I am not a Glock person, all though I have owned a few, of which I sold them about as fast as I purchased them. They are just not for me. I don't want this to be a anti Glock post, as there must be something to them with so many owners, but it seems to me that more and more are up for sale. More than any other type of firearm. Or am I just seeing things??
    I'm sure you can see the different posts of firearms for sale and see what I see. Any one have any idea? And yes, I carry and own 1911's. More than one, more than 10, more than 20. I will not burn the Glocks as they are a great firearm but why do so many guys and dolls have them up for sale or trade?
    Let the Glock owners give me some feed back. And the 1911's are not the only firearms I own. I would add that 98% of my firearms are .45's............Thanks members

I seen a lot of F150's for sale lately does that mean they are not good?, I also seen a lot Camaro's for sale does that mean they are a crapy car?.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    $350 is my max on a used run of the mill glock with no extras or accessories. Of course condition is everything, I also have the same rule for 1911's I like the style but in the end all it has to do is function well (just bought a decent American Tactical M1911 for $350). Anyways I can usually find glocks under the $500 mark pretty easily. Plus why would I pay almost retail for a used gun when there's so many out there to choose from. All it takes is a little extra searching.

i agree with you. my first glock was a g22 police trade in for $352.00. Granted that was a few years ago, but i believe give it a little time, and the price could be back there.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    i agree with you. my first glock was a g22 police trade in for $352.00. Granted that was a few years ago, but i believe give it a little time, and the price could be back there.
    yea, in my opinion they are going to flood the market with them, they will end up as cheap and common as an AK-47 was years ago.

Top Bottom