ghost_tr04_big.jpg

ghost_tr04_big2.jpg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Wow! It's a Glock with great ergos... I believe that this is the final sign before the whole Rapture thing. I think I'll change into my Sunday best to be on the safe side.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Didn't S&W get sued by Glock Inc. for making a polymer framed pistol that mimics Glock's pistols too closely? Is this just a custom job, or are there some other legal things I don't know of?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't S&W get sued by Glock Inc. for making a polymer framed pistol that mimics Glock's pistols too closely?

They got sued for "trade dress infringement," which as I understand it, covers a product's unique or defining cosmetic features. Basically, Glock alleged that the original S&W Sigma looked and operated just like a Glock pistol (which it did; you could take the top end off the Sigma, put it on a Glock frame, and it would function). S&W chose to settle out of court, which meant they had to change a couple key areas of the Sigma design (thus the introduction of the "V" and "VE" series) and pay Glock an "undisclosed sum" (i.e. a metric butt-load) of money.

This new Turkish pistol couldn't be subject to any action in US courts since it isn't being sold here (yet), but I'd think both Glock and Walther would have a legitimate reason to be pissed off.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I can bet without a doubt Glock will sue. Heck they were threatening to sue airsoft companies because they were making guns that resembled Glock pistols. I know for a fact KSC and KWA have discontinued their airsoft glocks because of it.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, and they also tried to sue Springfield. There just a bunch of cry babies. Sorry, but Glock was not the first to make a polymer framed pistol. Second I would not own a Glock if someone gave it to me.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Yes, and they also tried to sue Springfield.

Well somebody should sue Springfield, for taking the name of an American institution which it has NO connection to, and using it as a marketing gimmick to sell $250 Croation pistols for $500. And there's nothing more American than a 1911 made with genuine Brazilian steel, is there? :):

"Springfield Armory" :rolleyes: Stamping that name on a European pistol is kinda like giving the title "US President" to someone who was born in Kenya. :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Well somebody should sue Springfield, for taking the name of an American institution which it has NO connection to, and using it as a marketing gimmick to sell $250 Croation pistols for $500. And there's nothing more American than a 1911 made with genuine Brazilian steel, is there? :):

"Springfield Armory" :rolleyes: Stamping that name on a European pistol is kinda like giving the title "US President" to someone who was born in Kenya. :D

:yesway:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie

+1

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Yes, and they also tried to sue Springfield. There just a bunch of cry babies. Sorry, but Glock was not the first to make a polymer framed pistol. Second I would not own a Glock if someone gave it to me.

I do not feel the same way as U.S. Patriot.
    Please any time anyone wants to give a Glock away just send it to me. Heck I will be happy to come and pick it up.:yesway:

Top Bottom