• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Why would you want to put a great round in a plastic gun? Get a real gun - a new Zastava M57 Tokarev or a good CZ vz.52.

Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    Why would I want to put a great round in a great polymer gun? Well for starters Glockarev just sounds cool. That fact alone should convince you it is a good idea. Also, having that caliber available from such a popular gun manufacturer might make that round more popular Iin the US. I think it would be cool if springfield and S&W did the same.

I had no idea that polymer guns arent real. Someone should tell the police that the guns they are using dont actually exist. Maybe that is why they dont want people carrying hand guns in Chicago. If the cops cant have real guns, no one can.

Last edited:

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Ruger P90 was availible with an additional 30 Luger Barrel. They pop up on gun broker from time to time.

Not a Glock, but its a double stack auto in a similar cartridge.

They sold about as well as a paper anchor. When products flop, other manufacturors tend to take notice. Thats why you probably wont see anything like that any time soon. They all saw Ruger get burned, and now they are leery.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Someone should tell the police that the guns they are using dont actually exist.

Judging by the hit to miss ratio of some well publicized shootouts in NYC I am starting to think that you may be on to something...Maybe one out of four officers (in NYC) are allowed a real gun with real bullets and the rest are fake??? Could explain alot of terrible shooting taking place in the Big Rotten Apple...

Regarding whether plastic guns are "real" or not may require some explaining...Years ago when men were men and sheep ran scared polymer guns came on the scene...It happened right about the time that men were told to be "more sensitive" and to listen to their "feelings"...Men began putting mousse and hair gels into their hair and began listening to "Culture Club" and other light British Pop....

Then Gaston Glock (aka Satan) came along...He was an engineer who was not really into guns but saw first hand (being a European) how quickly men were being feminized....He then began an evil campaign to convince American males that their weapons were too heavy....He knew this would be a tough sell so he began talking about how "tough" his gun was and would hire attractive young ladies in scanty outfits to join him at the SHOT Show while promoting this new lightweight 9mm...He knew that men that grew up on 1911's and Smith N and K frames would need to feel manly while holding a weapon that felt like the Mattel Toy Guns of their youth....The ladies helped...Eventually the internet came along and became popular right at the time the War on Terror started...No longer was going out and just "shooting" enough....You had to be "training"....You had to spend oodles of cash to gentlemen with shaved heads who were not shooters but "Operators".......They had all been there and done that and if you just give them $300 bucks you too could be an "Operator" (or at least train like one..) The word "Tactical" entered the lexicon and suddenly a flashlight in the hand was no longer enough...It had to be mounted onto your pistol, along with a Laser....The original ads promoted the word "Perfection", and then Gen 2 came out and that was "Perfection", then came Gen 3 and that was "Perfection", then came Gen 4 and that was...well...You get the idea......

After awhile people realized that a Glock was like a Nissan Sentra...Very little maintenance and it would always run...With the advent of youtube we also saw an explosion of "How tough my Glock is" videos culminating the Grand Finale where a Glock was fed to an Elephant (in Africa, the Indians would not go for it...Something about "Karma"???) who was then followed around by a Glock fan who recovered the Glock from the Elephants dung, spit on it, and fired all the rounds without a hiccup....All of the 9mm rounds hit the Elephant but it did not put him down culminating in the death of the Glock fan....In one of the great "Found Footage" moments of all time one of his buddies he used to "train" with went to Africa. He recovered the camera, the film and the Glock. Which, by the way, he open carries to Walmart this very day in a low slung Blackhawk Serpa Holster....The finish is so tough on the Glock you can not even tell it went through an Elephant's digestive tract.....

All words wrtten with tongue planted firmly in cheek with no disrespect meant towards Glock owners, those with shaved heads, etc........Also IMHO....:):

Last edited:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If there was a ton of surplus and barely any firearms to shoot it, like 5-7 years ago, yes. Nowadays, no.

I think of it in this way (as I've often thought a modern autoloader or carbine in the Tok would rock back in the day):
    -7.62x25 can go through old vests, but a majority of new vests are rated against "Special threats" including the Tok round. Kinda negates the "hey, watch this thing zip through a vest" mindset.
    -7.62x25 can penetrate autobodies okay (not as well as some would think). Horsing around with a few paper targets, a friend's "shootin' car" on his property, some purchased autoglass and a Tok, I found that the light zippy Tok round deviates when it hits a barrier... ALOT. Benched firing at 10 yards at the windshield, it completely missed the target inside using surplus ball. When firing at the side of the vehicle (doors and such), again, a marked aiming spot, it would not make it through both sides of the car, sputtering out on the opposite side of the car's upholstery after penetrating the initial door.
    -Lack of SD rounds: Wolf is about the only manufacturer of a hollow point factory round. If you EVEN, for a MINUTE, suggest the Magsafe stuff, I'm going to just throw my hands up in the air and walk off. Handloading seems to open up the options but not a lot. If they made a decent bonded hollow point that would expand at the velocities the Tok gets (and not .30 carbine 110 gr velocities), maybe.
    -Surplus ammo dried up. Yeah, you can find some here and there, but for the most part, the days of 1.99 for 80 rounds of hot Bulgy surplus are gone. 20-25 Obama bucks for 50 rounds of Wolf isn't my cup of tea.
    -I see nothing the Tok can do that a hotter-hottish 9mm FMJ cannot do. And 9mm has better penetration against barriers (when using the "shootin' car" again. 9mm hot ball that I loaded didn't deviate as much in the windshield test and went through the other side of the car in the door test).
    -If I need some sort of super penetrating round, I'm going to a rifle, pure and simple.

While I want to be nostalgic and "yes, that would be cool" (cause it would be), I am a bit too practical. Two panics in my shooting career have left me with a noticeable distaste for niche rounds that dry up when someone in Congress farts. Combine that with limited practicality in defense, small game obtainment or other applications, I am left with only a dreaming, never a reality, in my arsenal for such a tool.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom