• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ejohnson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Dublin, IN
    Yep, try all the above and see which one you like best. The best gun is the one that's comfortable in your hand, easy to draw in a crisis, and puts rounds right where you're aiming.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    i have a question if,the glocks are the "best" then why is it all the gun stores i go to are sold out of xd's but still have numerous of glocks

I fail to see the point of this other than an attempt to whack the hive of our Glock-carrying brethren (XD owner btw). The "XD vs Glock" argument is right up there with the "AR vs AK" and ".45 vs 9mm" arguments. :horse:

(keep it up, you're halfway to selling off whatever junk of yours!)

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    hmm, walk into any gun shop and ask which ones they have sold more of this year and get back to us...
    +1 100 Glocks ordered,85 sold
    40 xd's ordered, 26 sold
    • Id say this is about par for the course.

cwagner1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    If I could find a new m&p pro, I'd still have my xdm competition over that. Although it's odd to me that you can't hardly find a m&p pro. If I want a full size gun, I want at least 5" of barrel.

Xdm/m&p > glock

.40 > .45 or 9mm

:popcorn:

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Both are very reliable. Total matter of taste. My GLOCK 19 is very light for all the ammunition is holds, and reliable to a fault. Not the best trigger ever, but I can put up with that for its durability, great capacity, and light weight. The XD is a little more refined, better trigger, better LCI, can have external safeties, all those niceties. However, they're behemoths, and you pay for it in the end with weight. XDs are great guns, but my GLOCK gets carried more for its lighter weight.

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    I went to the range several times and shot Glocks and XDMs, I like the feel of the XDM better. I did not get a chance to shoot an M&P :(

I agree with everyone else though, I think it is a "Taste Test"

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    when I first started shooting I tried the XD vs. Glock. The XD I tried had a few jams while the glock was spot on. Went with the glock and after thousands of rounds have yet to have a jam. Could have been a fluke with XD but I'll prob only ever switch if I get to try an M&P and it works flawless and I like it better.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    My second pistol has an xd. I really didn't handle many before I bought it becuase i got it for a good deal, my dad has several of them and I lacked experience. After about 1000 rounds I decided to sell it because I didn't think that i shot it well and I wanted something a little smaller. So I bought the xdm 3.8 compact. I like the feel of the xdm much better than the xd. I think its because I have small hands. I still don't shoot the xdm great.

I always disliked Glocks for some reason. I shot a buddy's and liked it plus I was very accurate with it. Last week I bought my 1st Glock, G22. After putting about 500 rounds through the Glock. I think I'm a Glock person now. I won't be getting rid of my xdm though.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I have always shot full sized glocks and then got an XD40 to compare with a glock 22. HATED the XD. I hate the trigger and the safety. Have not shot the M&P yet. I can say unless the M&P is amazing, Im gonna be a glock man for life.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have always shot full sized glocks and then got an XD40 to compare with a glock 22. HATED the XD. I hate the trigger and the safety. Have not shot the M&P yet. I can say unless the M&P is amazing, Im gonna be a glock man for life.

I think that I like the Glock trigger too. What I disliked about the xd more than anything is where the thumb grove is located. It does not fit my hand and I HATE it. I have shot a M&P and I don't like the trigger. It feels cheap to me.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    The Glock 19 was my first pistol, purchased when I was 18. I have never had any failure with it, and reliability means a lot to me.

I carried a XD 45 for 4 years on duty and grew to like that pistol. During the first 500 rounds I had a few FTF jams, but that cleared up and no problems since. It was a nice gun, and once I adjusted I could shoot it nearly as well as my Glock. When I left that job, I left that gun and I miss it. However, if I was going to buy another 45 poly pistol with my money, it would be a Glock.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    Forgot to mention that the finish on the Glock is apparently tougher than the XD. I have carried my Glock for years, and there are no signs of wear. After four years of use my XD looked very used.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I am also looking into the subcompact pieces and I understand the argument that it is personal choice. Right now I am considering the xd the glock, but also, I will throw in one question.
    Opinions on the Nano?

Top Bottom