• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So what you're saying is that you need to have a man-grip to shoot a Glock? Just the way God intended!!
    No, what I'm saying is you better not be wounded, just waking up from a deep sleep, drunk, or from San Francisco if you want a Glock to work reliably. :alcoholic:

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I imagine you have to be trying to cause an FTF in order to get one through limp-wristing. I would think that just having a standard grip on the Glock, instead of the sideways 1-finger, 1-thumb grip, would keep you functioning pretty smoothly. I don't know for sure though, I don't have a Glock and can't try it myself.

I would trust a Glock over this everytime, though. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_Rqm0bESI&feature=related]YouTube - Beretta Model 92 torture test[/ame]

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Actually, the reason I conducted the limp wrist tests in the first place was because of the extremely high number of reports of "limp wristing" with Glocks on other forums like TheFiringLine and TheHighRoad.

I had to use the sideways/two finger method to get it to occur because no matter how hard I try, I can not hold a firearm so loosely that it FTF - even a Glock. But others, countless others, do have such a problem.

This wouldn't be so much of an issue if all firearms suffered from this phenomenon but unfortunately the Glock is the only gun in my collection that I've gotten this to happen with any regularity.

In the end, for me it's a non-issue as I have to try to cause it to happen.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    I own 4 glocks and 2 sigs (soon to be 3 thank you for the check government). I really have to say they both have advantages and disadvantages. The Glock has capacity and cheap mags but the Sigs just feel alot better in my hand and the natural point of aim is better for me. To be truthful which is better is in the eyes of the perons who's holding the guns. So i think its an individual thing. Now with that being said i want a Sig over a Glock

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I do not like the way Glocks fit my hand. I ave own a 19 and a 22. I like the way Sigs fit my hand. They are both fine pistols, Sigs work better for me. Glock owns are obnoxious because they take every attck on a Glock personally. It is a sickness, I tell you.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I do not like the way Glocks fit my hand. I ave own a 19 and a 22. I like the way Sigs fit my hand. They are both fine pistols, Sigs work better for me. Glock owns are obnoxious because they take every attck on a Glock personally. It is a sickness, I tell you.

How DARE you talk badly about GLOCKS!!! GLOCKS are the pistols used by the angels!! Damn you and your Sigs!! DAMN YOU!!! :soapbox:

glocktalk362

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    LOOK ALL I OWN A G19, 23 21SF 37 30 22 AND SIG220 229 228 AND HERE IS THE DEAL, I WILL TAKE THE 21SF ANY DAY, ITS A TAC-DRIVER AND HAS 13RDS AND FITS THE HAND WELL. BUT FOR CARRY THE 229 IS MORE ACCURATE THAN ANY OTHER COMPACT AND I WILL CARRY THAT WHEN I NEED TO CONCEAL, OVER ALL IF I HAD SOMEONE COMMING INTO MY HOUSE TO KILL, GLOCK 21SF GET READY CAUSE WE ARE ABOUT TO KILL OURSELVES A BAD GUY.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    What about a Glock with a .357 Sig barrel! (jumps into the flame for imoliation!)

Plus, with a Glock, you can tell all your gangster friends that you pack GLOCK FORTAY! Red dot and Blue Frame (too much rap)
    *Shut UP!*

Of course, Glock 40 is better than Glock 9, because it's 31 better than 9.:D

Top Bottom