• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I am going to ask this question AGAIN, if Glocks are SUCH PERFECTION, then why are there SO MANY Certified Glock Armorers out there ????? ( no one has ever answered this question for me !!!!!)
    How many Glocks are out there? They are everywhere, so there needs to be people everywhere to work on them. If Colt was the only company making 1911's, they would more than likely have Colt certified armorers, but a lot of companies make a version of the 1911. Only Glock makes Glocks, so they train people that WANT the training, and that is why there are so many Glock armorers, that would be my best guess anyway.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    target.jpg

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I am going to ask this question AGAIN, if Glocks are SUCH PERFECTION, then why are there SO MANY Certified Glock Armorers out there ????? ( no one has ever answered this question for me !!!!!)

It's a hobby thing for the most part. Many people shoot the GSSF matches and they offer the armory class to civilians.

You see any other manufactures doing that?

If SHTF, do you know what every spring and part does in your guns? I do in my handguns and AR.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    testing

Well, I did some testing with the laser and found that I was pulling the gun left during the take up with the trigger and down from the weight of the break. I find this odd given the comfort and accuracy I have with the G26 but I cannot deny what I saw today. (It's even more odd that I was shooting dead on left to right when I very clearly was pulling it left.) but that's for another time.

Based on that information and the fact that I was wanting to get some trigger work done to reduce the take-up a little, make it smoother and less mushy, and reduce the trigger pull to be more in line with my other pistols at 3-3.5lb would that be something that could drastically change what I'm doing with this firearm in regards to shooting low?

By the way, thank you to all of you that stayed on topic and helped me diagnose this thus far, I don't think it's over yet, but I think it's a good start and a place to begin with correcting my behaviour with the gun. I'll take the others advice the next time I can get to the range.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I did some testing with the laser and found that I was pulling the gun left during the take up with the trigger and down from the weight of the break. I find this odd given the comfort and accuracy I have with the G26 but I cannot deny what I saw today. (It's even more odd that I was shooting dead on left to right when I very clearly was pulling it left.) but that's for another time.

Based on that information and the fact that I was wanting to get some trigger work done to reduce the take-up a little, make it smoother and less mushy, and reduce the trigger pull to be more in line with my other pistols at 3-3.5lb would that be something that could drastically change what I'm doing with this firearm in regards to shooting low?

By the way, thank you to all of you that stayed on topic and helped me diagnose this thus far, I don't think it's over yet, but I think it's a good start and a place to begin with correcting my behaviour with the gun. I'll take the others advice the next time I can get to the range.

Are you pulling your finger completely off the trigger before the next shot?

Have you tried riding the trigger, i.e. not removing finger and just letting the trigger out until just after it resets (both audible and tactile reset will be noticed) before breaking the next shot?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Why are there so many gunsmiths that work on 1911's and have months/years of backlog?

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Closure

Just so there's come closure on this, I did get the new sights installed and had NHT3 clean up my glock trigger to what I was really wanting. Brought my aim up about 3" which I can deal with for certain. (FYI, NHT3 is a MUCH better shot than me..... He shot my XDm 5.25 and was shooting through his own punches in the paper. Anyway super nice guy, very fast, and does solid work!)

Top Bottom