• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Well, I went out and shot my G19 today for the first time. It wasn't the first time I shot a Glock, but it was the first time I shot the G19. I have to say I am not overly thrilled with it.

(All shooting done at 7yds, I just wanted to break it in and put holes in paper to begin with.)
    The G19 did not malfunction in any way. Function is flawless on it, it shoots clean and it's all around a well built gun. Solid and reliable. Threw the brass perfectly, something I read was occasionally a problem with G19's.

What bothers me is that it shot 4" low, every round. Grouping was good, but every bullet 4" lower than where I was aiming. I pulled out my Sig 1911, shot flawless, pull out the XDM shot spot on. Went back to the G19, 4" low, dead center on left/right. I can understand an inch here or there, mostly because I can't shoot straight, but 4" seems a little much to me.

Now I know the trolls will come and tell me to aim 4" higher but I shouldn't have to.

I do plan on replacing the sights but I don't know what that will mean when the gun shoots 4" low with factory sights, what will happen when I put new sights on? Has anyone else had this issue and have any reasonable adice?

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Were you using a six o'clock sight picture? Glocks are POA/POI sighted, cover the target with the dot. It's easy to overlook especially if you aren't normally a Glock shooter. Not trolling here.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Don't know if you experience the same thing or not... but when I shoot with 3-dots, my sight picture is 6 o'clock. When I shoot with Glock's targets, I have to cover the POA with the front sight.
    Every. Single. One.
    YMMV.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Your sight picture as brought up by both Grizman and Jetgirl are likely the problem.

I'm not sure of your hand positions, but there are two other ways that I'm aware that this could occur: Pinky control, or trigger finger position.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    working on it

Where did it shoot at 10,15, 20, 25?

What ammo, grain of bullet?

pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Sight Picture

I only shot it at 7yds, Wichester white box (115gr), sight image 3 was how I was shooting with it.

Your sight picture as brought up by both Grizman and Jetgirl are likely the problem.

I'm not sure of your hand positions, but there are two other ways that I'm aware that this could occur: Pinky control, or trigger finger position.

Pinky might be an issue, trigger finger unlikely. The Glock is the only gun I have with it's grip depth, the 1911 and the XDM have longer grips and have a place for my pinky.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I had a problem with my G34 shooting way left, I had to try several brands to find one that the gun like. You can also call Glock and see what they say, I had other experience shooters try mine because I was shooting way left and I was glad to find it wasn't me.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Anyone with any Glock issues is welcome to stop by ITP today between 11 and 3 and I'll be happy to look it over for you and check it out.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Based on a similar issue that I have had I suspect that you are anticipating the shot or having trouble with trigger control with this particular gun. Try it again, slow down and take each shot carefully. Pay attention to the trigger finger. You'll figure it out.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I bought a gen 4 G17 that shot low right with any ammo I fed it. The easy solution to correct the problem and get it to shoot straight was to replace the factory sights with a set of Advantage Tactical's. Install was easy and they adjust for windage. The front sight has shims to adjust for elevation. Highly recommend them but they do take a bit to get used too but once you do acquiring a sight picture is fast and more intuitive , (for me at least) than the regular Glock sights or any 3 dot sight for that matter.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Thanks

I had a problem with my G34 shooting way left, I had to try several brands to find one that the gun like. You can also call Glock and see what they say, I had other experience shooters try mine because I was shooting way left and I was glad to find it wasn't me.

I'll work on having someone else shoot it and see if they get the same results.

That is clearly a defective glock.. you must dispose of it immediately. I will dispose of it for you at no cost to you.. pm me for details.. :-D

I may dispose of it at no cost to myself.... But at great cost to you ;p

Anyone with any Glock issues is welcome to stop by ITP today between 11 and 3 and I'll be happy to look it over for you and check it out.

Father's day, can't spare the time.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Based on a similar issue that I have had I suspect that you are anticipating the shot or having trouble with trigger control with this particular gun. Try it again, slow down and take each shot carefully. Pay attention to the trigger finger. You'll figure it out.

I really don't think it's this but I'll go out again soon and try some things.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I and my partners have had this very issue with pistols that have a ridiculously long take up. I usually shoot 1911's but proudly own an H&K USP and a few of the Glock offerings. I just hate the triggers on these guns. I would bet you lunch at your favorite White Castle that you are pulling the nose down. This was made obvious to me when I was sighting in a Laser on my sons Taurus 24/7 Tactical. Same lousy trigger action. As I pulled the trigger back the Laser dropped on the target every time I fired the gun. It is in you grip and trigger discipline. It is a real issue and more common than you think. It had to be proven to me. Easy fix, I am sure you will figure it out.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What do you want for it? Is it a Gen 3?

And you indicated no brass to the head/face?

Do you shoot at MCF&G? I may be headed out there in the next day or so to try out a new gun, and put some rounds through some of my Glocks.

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    There you go, I just met NHT3, He installed a set of night sights on my G26, is going to have Glock fix the extractor issue, and later on ! am going to have him do a trigger job. He is very knowledgeable with Glocks.

Dave

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I and my partners have had this very issue with pistols that have a ridiculously long take up. I usually shoot 1911's but proudly own an H&K USP and a few of the Glock offerings. I just hate the triggers on these guns. I would bet you lunch at your favorite White Castle that you are pulling the nose down. This was made obvious to me when I was sighting in a Laser on my sons Taurus 24/7 Tactical. Same lousy trigger action. As I pulled the trigger back the Laser dropped on the target every time I fired the gun. It is in you grip and trigger discipline. It is a real issue and more common than you think. It had to be proven to me. Easy fix, I am sure you will figure it out.

Now there is a solid idea, I have a laser on my XDM, I'mm move it over to the Glock next time I go out, that should tell me if this is happening.

What do you want for it? Is it a Gen 3?

And you indicated no brass to the head/face?

Do you shoot at MCF&G? I may be headed out there in the next day or so to try out a new gun, and put some rounds through some of my Glocks.

I was joking, I'm not going to get rid of it, but I do need this sorted.

There you go, I just met NHT3, He installed a set of night sights on my G26, is going to have Glock fix the extractor issue, and later on ! am going to have him do a trigger job. He is very knowledgeable with Glocks.

Dave

I've been talking to NHT3 about getting some work done, just need the moneys to get it all done. Once I've got my money I won't have it anymore and he'll be the richer.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Now there is a solid idea, I have a laser on my XDM, I'mm move it over to the Glock next time I go out, that should tell me if this is happening.

Or just load a mag with alternating empty brass and live rounds. My Glocks feed empty cases fine. Then on your dry fires, have someone watch the front site for a dive.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    I am going to ask this question AGAIN, if Glocks are SUCH PERFECTION, then why are there SO MANY Certified Glock Armorers out there ????? ( no one has ever answered this question for me !!!!!)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I am going to ask this question AGAIN, if Glocks are SUCH PERFECTION, then why are there SO MANY Certified Glock Armorers out there ????? ( no one has ever answered this question for me !!!!!)

Did you ask a Glock Armorer, or better yet, Glock?

Top Bottom