• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    which brand should i go with...taking this one step at a time, thinking i can afford the barrel now and will then save up to afford suppressor in the future...oh yea g19.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    those dont sound like very enthusiastic responses regarding the lone wolfs......?

Lone Wolf barrels are fine.

Sure, you can drop more than a hundred more for a Storm Lake but why?

I have shot 1000's of rounds through both of my Lone Wolf barrels without any problems at all.

+3 on waiting for the ATF approval to come through...

TK

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I actually agree with that sentiment. It will takes you at least 6 months to get your can, assuming you find one you want in stock (if they have to order it, add several more months).

As to barrels, I have a Lone Wolf threaded barrel on my Glock 17. It works great with suppressors, though I can't seem to shoot very well with it. Of course, I couldn't shoot very well with my Glock with the factory barrel either. :D

Personally, I prefer my threaded Beretta 92.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    those dont sound like very enthusiastic responses regarding the lone wolfs......?
    I haven't had any problems, just have only put about 150 rounds through the new barrel so I can't be too effusive yet. Let me run another 350 and then I'll give you a real thumbs up or down.

ret

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I have a Storm Lake threaded barrel in my G19 and have been running a suppressor for some time with absolutely no issues. Also, I have a Lone Wolf barrel (threaded) that makes it's way back and forth from my 17L and in a G34. Both run fine with that barrel as well - even suppressed. I would buy the barrel when you can - well ahead of the can if possible. My experience with the aforementioned configurations has been very satisfying.

Top Bottom