• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I am not a Glock expert so go easy on me if there is a simple explanation...I recently bought a 26 as a carry pistol. I have a 23 and am familiar with how to remove the slide and have done it many times. For some reason the 26 will disengage about 1/4", but does not slide forward as it should after I go through the normal procedure.

I had a trigger job done on it recently, but I don't remember if I have disassembled since then.

What do I need to do?

Thanks!:ar15:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I would remove the back plate and pull the striker to get it apart and make sure everything looks ok.

Who did the "trigger job" and what all did it entail? Have you fired it since?

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    pull the trigger again

a common trigger trick on a glock is to install a 3.5 connector, and NY trigger spring. on some pistols, this will cause the slide to hang up on its way forward, during the field-strip. pulling the trigger releases it, and it should slide off the frame like normal.

re-installing the slide should be the same as it's always been.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    pull the trigger again

a common trigger trick on a glock is to install a 3.5 connector, and NY trigger spring. on some pistols, this will cause the slide to hang up on its way forward, during the field-strip. pulling the trigger releases it, and it should slide off the frame like normal.

re-installing the slide should be the same as it's always been.

What he said.

I had the same thing happen to one of my Glocks after doing a trigger job. You must continue to hold the trigger rearward as you pull down on the take-down tabs.

Top Bottom