• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If Glocks suck, why is the Glock 19 the most popular handgun in the world???

No knock on them but they are not an expensive gun. Easy to find/buy.
    If you like homely chicks a glock is the perfect fit...........:D

They made a zillion VW beetles in the same area of the world. Ran great, reliable as hell but just a homely car. Still, near everyone my age has owned one.

Own what you like. Shoot the hell out of it and enjoy.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    :laugh::laugh:

Why are there companies that specialize in "upgrades" for glocks? Yes, some pieces (interchangeable barrels) enhance flexibility, some are to help personalize the gun for the owner, but some are for fixing what some perceive as problems with their guns. I put an extended slide lock lever on my G30.

And please tell me if Glocks are so trouble free, why are there so many Glock armorers?

:popcorn:
    Thats easy. There are so many Glocks. Duh.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Why are there companies that specialize in "upgrades" for glocks? Yes, some pieces (interchangeable barrels) enhance flexibility, some are to help personalize the gun for the owner, but some are for fixing what some perceive as problems with their guns. I put an extended slide lock lever on my G30.

And please tell me if Glocks are so trouble free, why are there so many Glock armorers?

I can make the exact same argument, actually even more extensively for Colt 1911's and the multitude of clones, S&W's, XD's, and so forth.

And I've seen some pretty expensive handguns in my friend's shop for repairs. ANY gun is capable of failure in some manner. It's built by humans, therefore is subject to human vagaries.

I'm not sure that's a truly valid observation. Just sayin'...

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    While I'm not a tremendous Glock fan, I have owned 4 over the years and just could never get excited about them. I like a P99 much better.. But they definitely don't suck.

TheEngineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Down South
    So does a vacuum...neither one may be much to look at but both will do the job thats required of it realiably. I wouldnt go without either in my house :):

Last edited:

Spazzmodicus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    If you watch news reports about negligent discharges, more often then not you will see that a Glock pistol was involved. If is about 'numbers' and plentiful Glocks then where are all the negligent discharge reports concerning rifles, shotguns and revolvers? There's plenty of them out there too.

Granted, when the unfortunate report involves kids, it usually is one of those three types of firearms. But when a reporting in some form of media of a negligent discharge involves an alleged 'informed and experienced' gun owner, more often then not a Glock is involved. Lefty IWB holster available here BTW.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    "I heard at the Gun Shop" the other day, when the next 0 0 7 Movie comes out, James will be packing a G L O C K instead of a P P K.......;)

e-jism

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    NWI
    What is the first thing someone does after buying a glock? Look for ways to fix it. Think I'm wrong? Does anyone own a stock glock?

You could also say that about M&P's. New trigger, sights, sear, etc. Know anyone who hasn't modified an M&P?

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sticks and Stones, OP, Sticks and Stones.

However, there is still time for you OP. It took me nearly 15 years to adjust to the Glock. Now? I love my Glock 17. I now want a G-19 and a G-22.

So Sticks and Stones. If it can happen to me it can happen to you. Love your Glock

Top Bottom