• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Alright time to stir the pot. I have in the past couple of years owned and fired a variety of handguns. 1911's, HK's, Taurus, Glocks, M&P's, XD's, XDM, Rugers, Beretta's, Kel-Tec, Kahr's, Walther and so on and so forth.

After owning and shooting all of these handguns I have come to three conclusions.

First, Training not weapon type is what really matters. I may hate the type of handgun you use but you have trained on it so much it comes second nature to you. Good for you!

Second, you can have fun with all types of handguns, and should own as many as possible.

Lastly, GLOCK IS STILL THE BEST COMBAT PISTOL EVER MADE!

That's right you cannot have a better pistol by your side when the fertilizer hits the propeller. Simplicity, functionability, reliability!! You just can't beat it. The feel in your hand, the trigger reset, magazines, aftermarket parts, ease of use, accuracy etc. I could go on for ever about this but I won't.

Favor whatever handgun you want, good for you. But you cannot deny the combat effectiveness of the Glock.

Last edited:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I shot my first Glock yesterday, a Glock 19. I was impressed, and I shot better than I had ever shot before. Now I have to try an XD...

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    That's right you cannot have a better pistol by your side when the fertilizer hits the propeller. Simplicity, functionability, reliability!! You just can't beat it.

My 226 already has out preformed my G17...but you're entitled to your opinion.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some might say the XD trigger is better, the M&P ergonomics are more comfortable, a Taurus is less expensive, the Kel-Tecs are smaller, etc., and they might certainly be correct.

However, as an OVERALL winner of combat/self defense effectiveness, Glock pistols take it hands down every time.

SC_Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Bloomington
    I agree completely that it really comes down to the shooter's training and technique most of all. As I posted somewhere else a few days ago, there is less accuracy difference between the worst and best gun than there is between a "so-so" and a "good" shooter. That said, when I was shopping for a new carry gun, it really came down to two issues -

1. How does the grip feel in MY hand. After all, I'm the one shooting it, right.

2. Which gun seemed more instinctive in quickly acquiring a proper sight picture. Yes, the technique can get refined with practice, but if I have a choice of starting out about 90% there or starting out about 70% there with a gun - the choice is pretty clear.

I literally held and pointed dozens of guns while trying to answer these two questions. For me, in both cases, the answer was the G23. The gun just feels right to me. I'm not knocking anything else out there, but it really is hard to beat the simplicity and reliability of the Glock and the 23 sure feels just about perfect in my hand.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I have to concede...Glock's do something rather well :):

sw33hf.gif

:fawk: the crybaby's

Last edited:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Overall, I have to agree with the OP. But I have to say I'm impressed with Crystalship1's post about sending in his Hi-Point and all they did to it along with a lifetime warranty.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I own more GLOCKS than any other type of firearm.
    They are great defensive handguns.

But; I dunno........... For the last few months I have been looking at and buying other handguns that do not carry the GLOCK moniker. In fact, I have started pretty well ignoring them when I look over the inventory in a gunshop. Burned out on them, maybe?

I have started to seek out S&W revolvers and 3rd Gen. S&W semi-autos.

Go figure.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I have started to seek out S&W revolvers and 3rd Gen. S&W semi-autos.

O yes, go for it. Can go wrong with a 3rd gen in .45, .40, or 9mm. Best bang for the buck out there. And you can actually find them in stock at reasonable prices unlike Glocks, LOL.

Top Bottom