• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I know....I know....another Glock thread...I used the search engine but couldn't find anything satisfying.
    I picked up a Gen4 Glock 19 FDE from Andrew at Profire a couple weeks ago. I'm wanting to put some new sights on it. I don't want gigantic SD sights, but I don't want competition sights either. I'm leaning towards Truglo low TFO's. As far as usage it's a do everything gun. EDC, HD, range gun.

What says INGO?

xM3RC1L3SS1x

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    Southeast of Indy
    I've used truglo's and meprolight's. Honestly I like both of them. I think you get alot of varying opinions as far as what's better. Personally, I think you'll be happy with the Truglo's if thats what you decide on.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I like my heinie (sp?) Straight 8 sites. Pretty simple sight picture, still glowing pretty well after almost 10 years.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Trijicon HD's

These can be found cheaper, but referencing manufacturer's site: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL101O
    Front has a nice orange outline that is easily seen during the day, but disappears in lower light in favor of the tritium.
    Rear sight has Tritium green dots for low light, but no white outline to distract the eye in daylight. The green dots are not visible in daylight, so the rear essentially blacks out in light, but the tritium really pops for the eye in low light.

GL101O.jpg

Similar style but a bit lower profile would be the Ameriglo Spartan Tacticals:

GL446%20GL448_0.jpg

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have TFO's on my gen 3 G19 and like them pretty well. They're not as bright in standard daytime lighting / at the range as I'd like, but they're not bad and look great. Very bright in low light / dark conditions.

I have Trijicon HD's on my gen 3 G34 and love them. Great at the range and in low light. I have a yellow front sight, instead of the orange one that WebSnyper posted a pic of above. I love these sights, dead accurate closer up (7m and closer), but they seem less accurate for longer distances. As far as I'm aware, that's the way it's supposed to be with these sights. Either of these are great.

If you're interested, I could meet you at BGF sometime and you can try both out to see what you think. Pay for the lane fee and bring some 9mm ammo and you can try both out. In any event, good luck finding something you're happy with.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I know....I know....another Glock thread...I used the search engine but couldn't find anything satisfying.
    I picked up a Gen4 Glock 19 FDE from Andrew at Profire a couple weeks ago. I'm wanting to put some new sights on it. I don't want gigantic SD sights, but I don't want competition sights either. I'm leaning towards Truglo low TFO's. As far as usage it's a do everything gun. EDC, HD, range gun.

What says INGO?

:yesway:......Had 'Bite the Bullet' put set on'a '30 when was up Seymour few weeks back......glow's day or night......I like'em....

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Ameriglo Hackathorns. Oj/green front, wide serrated black rear, best I've seen and IMO one dot at night is superior to 3.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I personally like the Ameriglo Caps on my 19. Getting ready to pick up a set for my 42 as well.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I prefer Warrens day and night, just one glowing dot out front. This set up also works well with my vision, which I think is often the biggest driver of what really works for people. First time I used Warrens was at a two day shoot, inside and out, day and night on a model of Glock I had never shot before that day, a G19. After that all my Glocks got Warrens. I also went out and bought a G19.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I will say that I almost went TFO's but didn't because they don't have a ledge. I want to rack of the belt if need be... I got I dot pros, super nice! But there are lots of good options suggested here, I am sure you will get something you like

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Trijicon HD's

These can be found cheaper, but referencing manufacturer's site: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=GL101O
    Front has a nice orange outline that is easily seen during the day, but disappears in lower light in favor of the tritium.
    Rear sight has Tritium green dots for low light, but no white outline to distract the eye in daylight. The green dots are not visible in daylight, so the rear essentially blacks out in light, but the tritium really pops for the eye in low light.

GL101O.jpg

I've got the Trijicon HD's. Love 'em.

Top Bottom