• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've been seeing more and more Glock pistols called "SF". I have no idea what this means. My obvious guess is Slim Frame but I can't find any mention of this on the Glock website. When I first saw the term "Glock 30 SF" I figured they meant the slimline Glock 36 but then I started to see "Glock 30 SF" more and more.

If there is an "SF" model how do you tell it apart fromt he regular model?

I've seen the following:
    Glock 21SF
    Glock 30SF
    Glock 20SF

For a noob like me it kinda leads me to believe that people are not always sure what they have.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN
    It actually stands for Short Frame. I own a 30sf and 21sf. Even though Glock terms these as short frame they really mean slim frame. It all comes down to not as much circumference in the grip.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    Super Fantastic!

On the G30SF it gives a trigger reach of 2.83"/72mm vs the 2.95'/75mm reach on the G30. I have shot both the G30SF and G30, it's hard to tell at first by quick handling but does come evident after a few mags. I own a G30SF and absolutly love it!

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    A SF gun will gave SF in the polymer just below the slide. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are some mag compatibility issues with OLDER mags..... Or so I've been told.

I have big hands, so I don't look for the SF. I love the size of my 21.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    SF = 'Short frame'. The G30 and the G30SF are the same width, so it's not "slimmer" with respect to width. The trigger reach is shorter and the heel on full-size models is reduced, so the circumference of the grip is smaller. It could be considered 'slimmer' in that overall sense. SF models are marked SF on the frame. The numbers below look small (2.4mm here, 4mm there), but the difference in feel is significant.

"Beginning in 2007, Glock introduced several "Short Frame" models designated by the suffix "SF". The short frame was originally designed to compete in the now cancelled U.S. military Joint Combat Pistol trials for a new .45 ACP pistol to replace the M9 pistol."

"As of January 2009, the Glock 20, 21, 29, and 30 were offered in short-framed variations. These models incorporate a 2.5 mm (.10 inch) reduction in trigger reach, and full-sized models also feature a 4 mm (.16 inch) reduction in heel depth. This reduction in heel depth also corresponds to an overall reduction in length for those models."

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    SF = "Smack Factor"

The enhanced ability of Glock fans to trash talk any other brands which don't include the word "Perfection" on the box.

:laugh:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    :laugh: SF means it "sometimes functions". LOL

That would only be true if SA made an XD SF!

SF = "Smack Factor"

The enhanced ability of Glock fans to trash talk any other brands which don't include the word "Perfection" on the box.

:laugh:

You ment to say "Surely Furious" when you buy a POS and find out it FTF, FTE, FTF and realized you should have bought a Glock!

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    with the introduction of the Gen 4, the SF will disappear. All Gen 4 Glocks will be short frame without the backstrap installed. The medium backstrap will be what is now the standard size and the large backstrap will be 2mm bigger.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    It stands for Short Frame, but One person (glocktoys) thinks it means fixed sights. He was advertising a glock 20 fixed sights model. or was it a glock black model? Anyways, he didn't have a clue if it was a SF or not, or if it had night sights or not. He thought a glock with fixed sights and black finish was a special order piece. go figure.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    You ment to say "Surely Furious" when you buy a POS and find out it FTF, FTE, FTF and realized you should have bought a Glock!

But if you had bought the Glock, you'd soon be familiar with the German term for SF:

Schmerzen Fingern

:D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom