• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Hendricks county
    I just got home from the Indy 1500 where I purchased a couple handguns. One of which is a new Glock 27 with the NiBX finish. After arriving home I started looking them over. The serial # on the slide and the barrel are the same, but one letter on the receiver serial # is different. The slide and barrel has an A and the receiver has a B. Im confused! Any thoughts will be appreciated. Oh, and the test rounds fired have the receiver serial # on the package. Thanks in advance

uhhuh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sounds like they put that finish on a few guns from the same run, but put them back together out of order. Don't take my word for it though. It just sounds like something I would do..

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The prefixes differ by one letter, but the numbers are the same? As in the frame is AAB123 and the slide/barrel are AAA123? That is pretty strange; I'd be calling Glock to see what they have to say about that. Sounds like either the slide/barrel were mis-stamped, or the gun was accidentally assembled with the top end from another gun, either at the factory, the finisher or the dealer. There is probably an AAA123 frame with an AAB123 slide and barrel out there somewhere...

But FWIW, the frame serial number is the only one that counts for ATF purposes.

Glockfan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 16, 2012
    Hendricks county
    You are correct. The numbers are all the same , letters in the same order, just an A on the barrel and slide and a B on the frame. Im going back first thing in the morning to talk to the dealer.

Top Bottom