• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Saw this on Glock's Facebook page:

GLOCK Inc. is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols (with the exception of G26 and G27 models).

GLOCK has developed a new design to the recoil spring assemblies on its Gen4 pistols to replace several variations that are functioning in the market today. As part of the company’s commitment to perfection, we are voluntarily exchanging the existing RSA in order to ensure our products perform up to GLOCK’s stringent standards.

see more at:

Recoil Spring Exchange Program | GLOCK USA

Get this, even if you've called and received a replacement.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I bought my 4th Gen G17 in April of this year, so it meets the dates on this recall. However, it has been 100% reliable in the 1000 rounds I put through it so far, and the spring is marked as "0-2", which is a later version of the spring (i.e., not the spring they used in both the .40 and 9mm that was giving problems with the 9's early on). Not sure if I want to mess with something that doesn't seem broken.

I guess I will call the number and ask if I really need this new recoil spring.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I bought a Gen 4 model 17 last month and put 200 rounds through it with no problems. I called the number and was told i get the new RSA in 2-4 weeks. I use mine as a duty weapon.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I bought a Gen 4 model 17 last month and put 200 rounds through it with no problems. I called the number and was told i get the new RSA in 2-4 weeks. I use mine as a duty weapon.

2-4 weeks replacement part for a duty weapon seems like an incredibly long time...

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I wonder what would happen if when they sent you the new spring, you didn't send the old one back....

I will call in for the new spring even though I have no problems with my G17. If nothing else, it's a new unused part for the gun. It would be nice to have a spare, though. :):

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Here are some more details:

GLOCK Inc. announces that it is voluntarily exchanging the recoil spring assembly (RSA) on its new Gen4 pistols shipped since August, 2009, to ensure each pistol’s performance meets the company’s demanding standards. With several variations of the RSA in the market today, GLOCK’s goal with this voluntary exchange is to standardize the RSA to gain the best possible performance in each pistol.
    GLOCK’s product development team has modified various elements of the RSA. The new RSA compensates for all design modifications made to the Gen4 and allows the pistols to function up to GLOCK’s rigid quality standards and reliability goals.
    Consumers should note that Gen4 G26 and G27 models will not require a modified recoil spring.
    The replacement of the Gen4 pistol RSA can be performed as part of the regular field-strip process; consumers do not need to take the Gen4 pistol to an armorer.

Read more: http://kitup.military.com/#ixzz1XTU1SlNw
    Kit Up!

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    2-4 weeks replacement part for a duty weapon seems like an incredibly long time...
    I am hoping since its a duty weapon it gets here in 2 weeks. I told the lady on the phone blue label guns should get theres first. But it is what it is. Like i said no problems with 200 rounds down the pipe. It has the 0-2 marked RSA.

john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Got my new spring on Friday. It is marked 0-3.
    So what happens if you don't send the old one back?

The phone recording says they "recommend" you mail the old one back. I doubt it matters though. I called for mine today for my G23 I'm hoping it will put a stop to the brass ejecting into my face.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Where is the recoil spring stamped? My Gen4 26 has a shell collection date of 4/11

Its on the very back. The 26 and 27 were not included in the "upgrade". I also think it was for Gen4 pistols made prior to July of 2011?

GlockRSAChart.jpg

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    I called again yesterday so see where I was in line and he said I was in the system and they had 4 weeks to ship it to me. When I told him that it had already been 3 he bumped me up and said it would ship out today so we will see. I sure hope it helps or I might have to trade it for a gen 3 or at least order a gen 3 spring and adapter.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    I called again yesterday so see where I was in line and he said I was in the system and they had 4 weeks to ship it to me. When I told him that it had already been 3 he bumped me up and said it would ship out today so we will see. I sure hope it helps or I might have to trade it for a gen 3 or at least order a gen 3 spring and adapter.

Shoot the one ya have. It's not broke is it? Are You having any problems with it?

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Yes I have been shooting the one I have about 500 rounds so far, but some of the spent brass hits me in the face :) ..anyway got my new spring today and going to shoot it up tomorrow.

OK I got my new new 024 to replace my 023 spring and shot 100 rounds through it today. Way way better - zero FTF's etc. I am so please with this gun now. I even shot much tighter groups with it, maybe in my head, but it was pretty sweet shooting today.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom