• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Have searched the forum and haven't really seen a definitive answer yet...

Who out there has replaced the stock Glock recoil spring with an aftermarket? And what material/spring weight did you choose and why?

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I went with the stainless steel spring & rod. stock weight. Just replaced it, cuz I bought a used gun & didn't know how old it was. Bought it from Glockpolishing, on eBay, think it was lone wolf brand.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I also bought the $35 spring with SS guide rod. Stupid mistake. I should have bought the $8 stock unit with the plastic guide rod. There is no difference in how the gun operates and the stock spring works fine. There is a lot of hype about the metal vs plastic guide rods that I just don't believe.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    This is an upgrade really not needed unless you are reloading your own ammo. Those who shoot a lot of USPSA might tweak their spring based on the load they chose to compete with.

dt36

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    I bought a spring rod assembly from rockyourglock.com. its a duel spring setup. I have a glock 19 gen 3 so stock it is a single spring plastic guide rod. I love it. seems to shoot just fine and I have the reliability of a metal guide rode.

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    Sprinco USA -- Recoil Reducers

Extend the life of your weapon by installing a Sprinco Recoil Management Guide Rod System. A secondary, or sub-spring assembly is incorporated onto a heat treated, stainless steel guide rod to cushion the slide to frame impact! All components, including the chrome silicon wire secondary springs, are hand polished to a brilliant finish for reduced friction.

Our products are used by many of the top competition shooters in the world, including both World and Multi-National Champions. Their reliability is validated by their use by Law Enforcement and Elite U.S. Military Forces around the world in combat deployment.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    While I agree with CSORuger, I prefer a tungsten recoil spring system from GlockStore. It is heavier than the steel and yields better benifits as to a reason to change and they're only about $50.:twocents:

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    I was wondering if the tungsten one made a difference in the recoil to relieve some of the snappiness of a .40?

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Like Hickman said, if it aint broke, don't fix it. Just my .02
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] 1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Agreed. The only thing Glocks need aftermarket is different sights but again...thats preference.

yxc301

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Maryland with relatives in IN.
    I am not a Glock expert. But you notice that when you put the recoil spring assembly into the slide the slide will take the pressure off of the plastic guide. My 27 still has the factory rod and spring but is due to be replaced soon (just over 3000 rounds).

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Have searched the forum and haven't really seen a definitive answer yet...

Who out there has replaced the stock Glock recoil spring with an aftermarket? And what material/spring weight did you choose and why?

went with a lone wolf stainless guide rod. factory spring tension. i like the weight in the front and for some reason, knowing i dont have any guide rod flex makes me sleep better at night... really.. who wants a rod that flexes?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    For those who have "gotten the tungsten (or stainless) guide rods and am happy with it".

Why are you happy with it?
    What changed for you?
    What feels different?
    How did it affect accuracy?
    How did it effect follow up?

This is a genuine question. I have read all the glamor, but find no difference in it myself. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy or the balance to me. I have only tried the Stainless with 17lb spring.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If this is anything other than a recreational gun, I wouldn't use anything but the stock RSA. I always keep a few on hand and they get replaced once or twice a year, at under $10 a piece there is no reason not to.

I promise you that no one here is seeing any real difference in "performance" by switching RSAs on a non competition gun using factory ammo. Save your cash and go shoot.

bronson3304

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    kokomo
    For those who have "gotten the tungsten (or stainless) guide rods and am happy with it".

Why are you happy with it?
    What changed for you?
    What feels different?
    How did it affect accuracy?
    How did it effect follow up?

This is a genuine question. I have read all the glamor, but find no difference in it myself. Doesn't seem to affect accuracy or the balance to me. I have only tried the Stainless with 17lb spring.

i am happy with it
    it added balance to the gun
    increases accuracy by lowering recoil and follow up

it basicly adds a bit of weight to the front of the gun. i would not change the spring weight unless you are loading custom reloads

Top Bottom