• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    I might suggest against polihing the slide release as it makes it quite slick and not always easy to operate when wet/sweaty/cold/ you get the hint

krvincen

Marksman
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    To remove the rear cover is very simple. just in front of striker there is a plastic sleeve, looks like a black tube. Use a center punch or drift pin and push that towards the muzzle end, now rear cover should slide off with just your fingers. As far as polishing, if you take 1000 grit sandpaper(or finer, the finer the better) and sand it real good first, then use some polishing compound with your dremel on low speed it will give you a mirror-like finish. I prefer to use blue magic compound, carried at auto parts stores.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    polished2.jpg
    still a little more work to do, but getting there.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Tone it down richard, I scroll down to your G-22 pic and get blinded every time. Must be my screen brightness, (ha!). Looks good though and I see it has sights on the slide now, the pins and slide stop polished bright will set it up and make it "POP" even more. As for serial prefixes, I wouldnt want BUT/PUD/JRK/PUS/DRK/or DUFxxxUS. I would want GLK-019 or GLK-017 etc.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Tone it down richard, I scroll down to your G-22 pic and get blinded every time. Must be my screen brightness, (ha!). Looks good though and I see it has sights on the slide now, the pins and slide stop polished bright will set it up and make it "POP" even more. As for serial prefixes, I wouldnt want BUT/PUD/JRK/PUS/DRK/or DUFxxxUS. I would want GLK-019 or GLK-017 etc.
    i have to wait till payday to get more polishing supplies. plus i magically broke my slide stop. went to lock back slide and it just broke off. the sights are a set off of a larger 45 glock, and i was surprised on how well they fit. i used these because the fronts have a screw to hold them on, and the rear was brand new. i will do the pins some more and the take down lever if i can figure out how to take it out.

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    That is true, makes it look even sexier than stock i may polish the slide release aswell

While I like my glock, that's one word I'd have never used to describe it! Kinda like a cheap prostitute! You could spend alot more for one, but it'll get the job done just fine! :laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom