• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Called glock, it went from 4 days up to 15 days till i get it. i highly dont recommend ordering directly from the Glock company. Slow, not good customer service, long delays. Told me it would take them a week to build the gun. I can strip and rebuild a glock 5 times in 15 min and i know others can do it faster.

msteiner17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Called glock, it went from 4 days up to 15 days till i get it. i highly dont recommend ordering directly from the Glock company. Slow, not good customer service, long delays. Told me it would take them a week to build the gun. I can strip and rebuild a glock 5 times in 15 min and i know others can do it faster.

Why did you order directly from Glock? Is there something custom about the firearm? Did you check out any of the local gun shops or gun shows??

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Did you look into the Duracoat Skunk??? I have only done it once, but it was very easy. But, a long, long time ago I was a spray painter.

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Did you look into the Duracoat Skunk??? I have only done it once, but it was very easy. But, a long, long time ago I was a spray painter.

i have a link someone sent me saved, im waiting till i get the glock and test it out see if the thing will work. if it dose then i will order it. it dose seem to be the best option, only drawback is i will have a darn near full bottle of while duracoat seeing as im just doing a white stripe. wonder if someone will buy it off of me afterwords with just abit missing for like half price lol.

thoroughbred

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    My houseboat on Lake Michigan
    I bought it from Gander Mountain, threw their employee perchance program. 20% off anything in the store(including ammo, excluding firearms) and 30% off anything gander mountain brand. Sadly i put in my 2 week notice from there, because my new job has me slammed with hours.

Curious as to how you got the price of 408$, you said it was an employee discount, but it excludes firearms?:dunno:
    Not attacking you, I just want a glock for that kinda price!

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Curious as to how you got the price of 408$, you said it was an employee discount, but it excludes firearms?:dunno:
    Not attacking you, I just want a glock for that kinda price!

when buying from the store itself, like instock firearms. i dont get the 20% off store discount. But i can place a direct order from the manufacture and get it that way with discount.

Well that certainly is one heck of a deal... Really surprised GM doesn't have any stock, unless they have already sold through everything.

They always have glocks in stock, but with this discount i have to order one via the manufacture, so therefore the intelligent thing for a company to do is grab one off the shelf and send it, but glock isnt that smart the decide they want to built it and make me wait 90-150 days to get it. I wish i could have sent in the money and got one from the store and walk out that day with it....so many mags, holsters, ammo just waiting for it....

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Then why throw that line in there, why not just say it is a range gun and leave it at that? Just curious?
    :popcorn:

OK I didn't think much of this before but Tony asked what is with the white line and you gave him a link to revolvers vs pistols. That didn't answer what the white line was for. Now I'm curious as well. It does not matter why you want it as a range gun.

I'm wondering what is with the white line? Is that so you will know it's a range gun? Is it supposed to help in aiming?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    but i wanted to put a white stripe down the center of the slide from fount site post to rear. not very big either.

So you want your glock to look like a skunk? I get it.... :ingo:

Duracoat would work I suppose.... (but cerakote is better :bacondance: )

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    OK I didn't think much of this before but Tony asked what is with the white line and you gave him a link to revolvers vs pistols. That didn't answer what the white line was for. Now I'm curious as well. It does not matter why you want it as a range gun.

I'm wondering what is with the white line? Is that so you will know it's a range gun? Is it supposed to help in aiming?

Tony wasn't asking about the stripe, yes its a skunk stripe, hence my name lol. he was referring to my comment i made regarding me not trusting a semi auto for my life. I linked him to my post as to why i dont. just to save argument, and mucking up a thread with that when the thread i linked was for that age old argument. Mostly to keep the thread on topic, even if its me alone doing lol. :ar15:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Tony wasn't asking about the stripe, yes its a skunk stripe, hence my name lol. he was referring to my comment i made regarding me not trusting a semi auto for my life. I linked him to my post as to why i dont. just to save argument, and mucking up a thread with that when the thread i linked was for that age old argument. Mostly to keep the thread on topic, even if its me alone doing lol. :ar15:

Cool. Waiting to see how the paint job turns out. To kill time while wait for the Glock to show up care to tell us how / why you have the handle DocSkunk? Im thinking it must be an interesting story. :popcorn:

DocSkunk

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Kendallville
    Cool. Waiting to see how the paint job turns out. To kill time while wait for the Glock to show up care to tell us how / why you have the handle DocSkunk? Im thinking it must be an interesting story. :popcorn:

Lol nothing special, Doc is my fathers nickname, and his fathers and it was passed down to me, and skunks are my fav animal. Two and two together and you got my handle lol its the same on 90% of forums and online, and xbox and all that.

Top Bottom