• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    Geez, if they listend to customers they would have made a 8-shot, 1911-size/width, single stack .45 years ago.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Geez, if they listend to customers they would have made a 8-shot, 1911-size/width, single stack .45 years ago.

I think the demand has been far more prevalent for a small, single stack 9mm or Carbine before they produce one of those IMHO.

:twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think the demand has been far more prevalent for a small, single stack 9mm or Carbine

Now, maybe, but a few years ago everybody thought that's what the Glock 37 was going to be (a single-stack .45ACP on the size order of a G17/22). Take the G36 and stretch it an inch and a half in both directions. Done. Instead, Gaston Glock had to go on an ego trip and try to ram a proprietary caliber down our throats. :rolleyes:

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Now, maybe, but a few years ago everybody thought that's what the Glock 37 was going to be (a single-stack .45ACP on the size order of a G17/22). Take the G36 and stretch it an inch and a half in both directions. Done. Instead, Gaston Glock had to go on an ego trip and try to ram a proprietary caliber down our throats. :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you're talking about. Everyone and their brother shoots 45 GAP :dunno:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::patriot::ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

Hey, it's not like Colt didn't try the same thing...they just got there first and thus set the standard.

But yes, I'm not too pleased with it. I do like the notion of being able to fire higher-pressure-than-normal loads, but I can't say I'm a fan of any proprietary format, be it operating systems or ordnance. I mean, wildcatting on your own is one thing.... having to buy another type of ammunition for each piece one has even in the same "caliber" would then just be ridiculous. I'm actually kind of disappointed that LEAs are adopting .45GAP - and I like Glock - because I want the notion that 'anytime we, a manufacturer, create a good arm, we can then just introduce our own caliber' to be crushed into the ground. Talk about eye-rolling...

I also don't like the finish on the RTF, feels too much like sandpaper to me. If my grip is so loose that I need the RTF to hold onto my piece, I might as well just superglue it to my hand. Might be useful for someone else, but it's just not for me.

Last edited:

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Save yourself the temptation:

"...Never shot a Glock before but, I do like the look and idea behind the new texture. I might have to fondle..." Check out nearly any cell-phone accessory store and shop their nearly infinite selection of peel-n-stick items to 'un-slick' a cell-phone. All sizes, shapes, colors ( even CAMO), and very cheap. Textures vary, but some are aggressive enough to be used as front cocking 'serrations.' Pat

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    I agree

And a single stack 9mm, and a carbine, and. . . . . :D

Also I wonder why Glock doesn't bring out a .22lr pistol, or at least a conversion. You know, like the 1911 and AR rimfires that are selling well.:rolleyes: Why let aftermarket conversions make the money?

Top Bottom